Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-30-2019, 05:17 PM   #31
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I ordered it from Prime's site. Economy shipping was $96.
For sale already? I guess I'll be dead before TDK3 Superman goes up for PO.
Sonic Boom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:14 PM   #32
sparda
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
When you have a Doomsday already out there, this had to be the Death of Superman version and not just a repaint.
They don't have that license. Doomsday is based on their Rebirth license and the only way to do a black suit superman was through rebirth (not sure if the can do heroes or only villains) or via Hush.
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:26 PM   #33
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
They don't have that license. Doomsday is based on their Rebirth license and the only way to do a black suit superman was through rebirth (not sure if the can do heroes or only villains) or via Hush.
he wore a black suit in the rebirth lois and clark comic but again this wasnt about making a black suit superman, it was about getting more money out of the original sculpt to fund / justify making statues of other niche characters (per P1)
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:32 PM   #34
sparda
The Avengers

Agreed that this was an easy cash grab (though announced about a year back).

I think P1 might only have a license to do villains in the DC Rebirth line. Haven't seen them do a hero up till now.
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:38 AM   #35
doomsdayd
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Anyway, an interesting idea for someone who may want both is to do switch out statues lol. Just use the same base for both and switch from blue to black whenever you want. As someone mentioned before I wonder if the black heads work on the blue statue, I'm guessing they don't as the pictures on P1's site clearly show the cape holes are not there on the black version heads. Although the reverse probably works as the holes for the cape may not make a difference in getting the blue heads on the black statue. I also bet if you were someone who didn't care about having it long term, you could probably sell the extra base online to someone.
Has it been confirmed that the Black Suit body is interchangeable with the Sculpted/Fabric Cape OG?
doomsdayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 01:00 AM   #36
StatueBandit
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I have the Hush Superman with Fabric Cape, and it is amazing through and through. I am not a fan of same sculpt different paint up variant pieces. However this Black Version of Superman I am seriously considering.

I don't mind that the base is the same used for the Hush Superman, as its pitch black and really compliments this version of Superman. What i would like is a heat vision portrait.
StatueBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 10:54 PM   #37
stevo84
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I love this version i am not fussed about his underpants its a sweet statue. Thats what i think anyway it just looks the bomb. Obviously it won't be to everyones taste.
stevo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 02:10 PM   #38
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

This piece looks awesome. But the space it takes when you already have the Hush...

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 04:56 PM   #39
StatueBandit
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
This piece looks awesome. But the space it takes when you already have the Hush...

The bomb is right ha ha. This piece is very tempting. However I already have the P1 Hush Superman, and that bad boy comes in 2 super sized boxes lol. I am still on the fence regarding this piece, however if I could free up more space by selling a few more pieces .... then maybe
StatueBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 08:52 PM   #40
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueBandit View Post
The bomb is right ha ha. This piece is very tempting. However I already have the P1 Hush Superman, and that bad boy comes in 2 super sized boxes lol. I am still on the fence regarding this piece, however if I could free up more space by selling a few more pieces .... then maybe
I'm always looking at this piece on their website and will be a purchase if they offer a reasonable discount. It's either this or a roll of toilet paper.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote