Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-27-2019, 11:28 AM   #1
Squirtle
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Horror at resale prices of exclusive parts

I thought I'd have a look to see if there was a low price Rogue ex head that someone may not want.

To my horror there was a listing for $500! This is almost as expensive as the statue itself!

After further investigation, I found Wolverine ex heads selling for $150+. Considering the ex price is usually $20 or so more, this sort of practice is extremely immoral!

Is this sort of thing common? There is no way for Sideshow to stop it I guess.
Squirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 11:35 AM   #2
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Sometimes they get more selling statue parts then as a whole, similar to hot toys figures. I’ve sold exclusive parts myself because I needed funds for something else. Nothing wrong with it.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 11:37 AM   #3
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirtle View Post
I thought I'd have a look to see if there was a low price Rogue ex head that someone may not want.

To my horror there was a listing for $500! This is almost as expensive as the statue itself!

After further investigation, I found Wolverine ex heads selling for $150+. Considering the ex price is usually $20 or so more, this sort of practice is extremely immoral!

Is this sort of thing common? There is no way for Sideshow to stop it I guess.
People overprice everything on eBay. That's just the way it is. People are free to do that. We are free not to pay it. If somone reslly wants that head and has that kinda money to throw around, they will do it. And SSC can do nothing. Nobody can. We can though, don't pay aftermarket prices for things unless they are fair.
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 11:40 AM   #4
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

It's not "extremely immoral." Who exactly is the person who decides how much someone "should" charge for something? The buyer, that's who.

Yes, $500 is silly for a head and the odds of someone ever paying even half that are really low. But if someone wants to try, that's their decision. Nothing immoral about it. Buyers determine value, not sellers.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 12:09 PM   #5
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

It's their statue, so they can do what they want with the parts not being used.

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 12:12 PM   #6
Augen
Metal Men

I ran into this with Power Girl PF EX head. It is what it is, I don't blame sellers asking silly money, I just decided not to pay it. Same policy with statues in general.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 12:24 PM   #7
Squirtle
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I agree there is nothing wrong with selling if you don't want it, but I'm assuming with Rogue specifically the person bought the ex in order to sell the head at an (extreme) premium - so close to the statue release why else would you decide to sell just the ex portion?
Squirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 12:29 PM   #8
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
I agree there is nothing wrong with selling if you don't want it, but I'm assuming with Rogue specifically the person bought the ex in order to sell the head at an (extreme) premium - so close to the statue release why else would you decide to sell just the ex portion?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 12:29 PM   #9
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
It would be preferable that everyone enjoy a hobby because they love it.

Recently I pre ordered Infinity Studio Wonder Woman bust and you can find pre-orders (not the statue, a transfer of pre-order) available for $1000+ more than the bust was priced at.

It stinks, but all we can do is not encourage the behavior as I'm sure there are people that pay the silly money and these resellers pocket nice chunk of change.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 12:37 PM   #10
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
But the reason doesn't really matter, does it? He bought it, he can try to sell it for profit. Are you of the opinion that there should be rules preventing people from being able to this?
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote