Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-06-2018, 05:26 PM   #641
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Is there a form to request for paying double customs and taxes.I received Darkness fro PCS came in 2 boxes but CBSA charged me customs and taxes as they were individual items.Instead of paying 195$ had to pay 390$( my mother in law payed cause I was at work.)
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:51 PM   #642
Agoniste
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
Is there a form to request for paying double customs and taxes.I received Darkness fro PCS came in 2 boxes but CBSA charged me customs and taxes as they were individual items.Instead of paying 195$ had to pay 390$( my mother in law payed cause I was at work.)
if you can get an invoice from PCS and also a shipping label that says box 1 of 2 and box 2 of 2 maybe you could dispute it.
Agoniste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 08:11 PM   #643
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
This in an error by the shipping courier - so you should contact them and request a refund.

If they play awkward, claim it back via your Credit Card company.

If STILL no luck, THEN use the regular B2G form (send to your local Casual refund centre) and explain the reason for the error. They will refund no problem.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:30 AM   #644
ambasah
Red Skull

lots of reports of people getting refunded by CBSA on fb. keep it going guys and once again, a big thank you to VS1976 : )
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:01 PM   #645
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

They finally mailed me my money back. Big thanks to you VS.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:16 PM   #646
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
lots of reports of people getting refunded by CBSA on fb. keep it going guys and once again, a big thank you to VS1976 : )
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
They finally mailed me my money back. Big thanks to you VS.
Fantastic news guys. We need to contact ssc to have the HS code reverse now.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 12:07 PM   #647
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I won a Hot Toys Batman Futura figure from a Sideshow contest. I paid for shipping, which is fine, but $0 on the figure itself. DHL delivered it. Somehow it got listed as 9801.10.30.00 which is Trailers and Semi Trailers. I got charged $42.04 in HST, looks like $0 duties. I feel like they are charging me taxes on fictitious money as I didn't pay anything for the figure. Does anyone have any experience with this? I've been trying to find answers online, and most seem to say I shouldn't have to pay, but nothing in the rules and regs from the government that I can list in my dispute.
Old 06-15-2018, 06:41 PM   #648
koflach
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
I won a Hot Toys Batman Futura figure from a Sideshow contest. I paid for shipping, which is fine, but $0 on the figure itself. DHL delivered it. Somehow it got listed as 9801.10.30.00 which is Trailers and Semi Trailers. I got charged $42.04 in HST, looks like $0 duties. I feel like they are charging me taxes on fictitious money as I didn't pay anything for the figure. Does anyone have any experience with this? I've been trying to find answers online, and most seem to say I shouldn't have to pay, but nothing in the rules and regs from the government that I can list in my dispute.
Just because you didn't pay anything it doesn't mean that you don't have to pay tax on it. You're being asked to pay the taxes on it's value, nothing wrong with that.
koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:40 PM   #649
ComicJesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by koflach View Post
Just because you didn't pay anything it doesn't mean that you don't have to pay tax on it. You're being asked to pay the taxes on it's value, nothing wrong with that.
I didn’t pay anything for it. They are taxing fictitious money that doesn’t exist.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:00 PM   #650
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
I didn’t pay anything for it. They are taxing fictitious money that doesn’t exist.
Exactly. This is ridiculous!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote