Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-07-2018, 03:54 PM   #1121
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Honestly, this PF wouldn't bother me in the least if I knew for a fact that a classic PF was coming. As it stands, I know this PF is as good as it's going to get from sideshow and that's what stings so much.
I agree 100%. However today is a good day for me so glass half full: this creation is so NOT classic Deathstroke that maybe we'll get a proper version in a couple years.

This is definitely a "SS modern take".
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 04:30 PM   #1122
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Those of us looking for something else are at sideshow's mercy. We could get a quick revisit like we did with the GL PF or it could take many years. The worst case scenario is that we don't ever get a revisit or if we do, it will be another sideshowified made up costume instead of a classic Perez Deathstroke PF. Either way, it's all in sideshow's hands now. They've locked up the 1/4 game in the North American market so they hold all the cards.
Very true but if this Scrawnystroke does not sell Sideshow may consider Deathstroke a non-seller and delay even farther out a true piece. I don't like this one either and hoping for another one in the future.

Thank you to those picking this up.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 06:47 PM   #1123
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Very true but if this Scrawnystroke does not sell Sideshow may consider Deathstroke a non-seller and delay even farther out a true piece. I don't like this one either and hoping for another one in the future.

Thank you to those picking this up.
It seems like it is selling. They only made 1500 PFs total and I believe the EX is waitlisted and the REGs are listed as low stock remaining. However, who knows how accurate that really is? It's not like sideshow hasn't played fast and loose with their inventory before. It's still hard to believe that only 1500 PFs of this character were made. Sideshow could have sold double that if they just released a good looking classic PF. P1's Deathstroke was based on a video game, cost about $400 more, was in a less desirable 1/3 scale, and they still sold over 700 more statues than sideshow did with the same character. That just doesn't make any sense.
FJC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 06:52 PM   #1124
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
It seems like it is selling. They only made 1500 PFs total and I believe the EX is waitlisted and the REGs are listed as low stock remaining. However, who knows how accurate that really is? It's not like sideshow hasn't played fast and loose with their inventory before. It's still hard to believe that only 1500 PFs of this character were made. Sideshow could have sold double that if they just released a good looking classic PF. P1's Deathstroke was based on a video game, cost about $400 more, was in a less desirable 1/3 scale, and they still sold over 700 more statues than sideshow did with the same character. That just doesn't make any sense.
People say its better in hand, if i were rich i'd buy and ship you one. Then you'd see the light.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:01 PM   #1125
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
People say its better in hand, if i were rich i'd buy and ship you one. Then you'd see the light.
Honestly, I'd insist you give it to someone who would appreciate it. You wouldn't want to see what I'd do to this statue if I got one for free.
FJC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 05:33 PM   #1126
Indomitus

Quote:
I guess a better check on demand would be when this moves to Sold Out. I still hope this guy just moves through the pipeline so we can get a revisited Deathstroke.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:09 PM   #1127
pokritz17
Hydra

looks like the normal version is on waitlist now too
pokritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:13 PM   #1128
Indomitus

Ok Sideshow. On to the next Deathstroke! Do it!
Old 04-16-2018, 03:16 PM   #1129
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Ok Sideshow. On to the next Deathstroke! Do it!
THIS.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:14 PM   #1130
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

I am surprised that a custom hasn't surfaced on this piece. The character has a lot of hype and I think the pose is likely a good base to work with.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote