Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-21-2018, 02:12 PM   #101
AC_808
Hercules

No SideShow Live today on YouTube?

They’re supposed to showcase this statue.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:20 PM   #102
Darkcross
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
No SideShow Live today on YouTube?

They’re supposed to showcase this statue.
It's raining in Southern California, the city shuts down
Darkcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:25 PM   #103
AC_808
Hercules

If you say so...
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:42 PM   #104
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manboy View Post
Lol nice one. Calling you ignorant because you're just not into a certain character and therefore don't want the statue might be the dumbest thing I've seen on these forums in a long time. It's like refreshingly dumb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Well said.

Getting called ignorant which is a veiled way to say racist just because you don't like a certain comic book character is out of order.
Thank you for supporting me in having my different opinion. That's what makes forums a great place for the exchange of ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
I was pretty much in your shoes on this subject, until I read it. Pick up the book. You might actually like it. I wouldn't defend it if it wasn't good.
We can agree to disagree on the character and I respect you being a fan. I hope this guy turns out great for you guys as I hear it is has demand.

Happy collecting!
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 04:20 PM   #105
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcross View Post
It's raining in Southern California, the city shuts down
I haven't been able to get in touch with their CS all week. Some California holiday I'm not aware of?

*EDIT: I see they have a power outage. I guess I just have incredibly bad luck getting in touch with them.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:22 PM   #106
broncofan66
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
A keyboard warrior. Well hello!

Time to put on my social justice armor thong.

Well if I must say Miles Morales is one of those few characters that have been attached to the growing failure and market decline of Marvel Comics which was part of an apparent failed attempt at diversity. Interesting.

Repackaging an existing character and calling it someone else? Sad.

No real offense to any of you other fans out there as I respect we all like different things. This is just my opinion and my rant on why no Miles in my Universe. Does diversity of thought exist in this new diversity continuum?

Anyway, maybe it's the Super Mario plant? I defer to your defecation and knowledge on this subject.

Miles Morales responsible for Marvel Comics decline? Hmm that might be kind of a stretch, he's one of their hottest characters right now in terms of popularity. I for one applaud the diversity movement in Comics. It better reflects the world today IMHO. Also, there is a full length animated movie coming starring this character. That being said, everyone has different tastes in collecting, it's all good folks ebb & flow.
broncofan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:26 PM   #107
Peedi
The Secret Six

To each their own. No need to prove anything.

I want this statue because I like Miles and I like the way he’s sculpted. I would’ve preferred Ultimate Venom to not be the base, but I like Miles enough to buy anyway.

For those that don’t like Miles, let them not. To those people Miles will always be a copycat, a watered down version, a worse character who took the name of the popular character, another legacy attempt, a failed shot at diversity, etc. And even if those people do read Miles they might not enjoy those comics as we do and they don’t have to.

Good thing is none of those opinions have slowed the character down...Facts are better than opinions: his comics sell, his popularity brought him into the 616 Marvel U when the Ultimate U was destroyed, Miles is in video games, TV shows, in an upcoming movie, and more and more merchandise. He’s cosplayed at any convention you could go to. Even many who don’t read comics at least know of Miles as “the black Spider-Man”. Miles and his fans are winning anyway.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 06:53 PM   #108
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

I like this piece...it's definitely tempting.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:43 PM   #109
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
To each their own. No need to prove anything.

I want this statue because I like Miles and I like the way he’s sculpted. I would’ve preferred Ultimate Venom to not be the base, but I like Miles enough to buy anyway.

For those that don’t like Miles, let them not. To those people Miles will always be a copycat, a watered down version, a worse character who took the name of the popular character, another legacy attempt, a failed shot at diversity, etc. And even if those people do read Miles they might not enjoy those comics as we do and they don’t have to.

Good thing is none of those opinions have slowed the character down...Facts are better than opinions: his comics sell, his popularity brought him into the 616 Marvel U when the Ultimate U was destroyed, Miles is in video games, TV shows, in an upcoming movie, and more and more merchandise. He’s cosplayed at any convention you could go to. Even many who don’t read comics at least know of Miles as “the black Spider-Man”. Miles and his fans are winning anyway.
*Hispanic Spider-Man
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 02:37 AM   #110
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Even many who don’t read comics at least know of Miles as “the black Spider-Man”.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie21 View Post
*Hispanic Spider-Man
Ha
Point is, the common person who knows of the character but not about the character will say it’s the black Spider-Man (ask any non nerd)...but then I have to go with this: Black doesn’t implicate any specific ethnicity , just like white doesn’t.

(Ps Bernie21 I realize you were just jabbing, not aiming any of this at you in a combative way)

Accuracy is he’s *Biracial Spider-Man since he’s African American and Puerto Rican. And although some Puerto Ricans can pass for African American, Miles most certainly looks more African American though. Now that Spider-Men II is out we can see that was very much on purpose.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote