Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-07-2018, 09:15 AM   #1
banner23
Justice League

How long between revisiting characters

Hi, I have only a certain amount of space so I am planning on which characters to get for my collection. I would like to add a Super Girl statue, the one that just came out recently I didn't like. How long do they normally wait until they will do another Super Girl statue ?

Was there a Super Girl statue ever done before the most recent one ?

Thanks
banner23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:48 AM   #2
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

It was their first Supergirl.

Maybe we'll have a new one in premium format or artist series but there were no hint about this.

There is absolutly no rule about time laps between two statues of the same character.

This one wasn't well received by the collectors (the 3% ^^) and the project was a bit a mess but she ended to sell out and i think shops sold her easily anyway.

A new supergirl should be an easy selling statue i think so we have decent chances to see a new one.
The best would be a movie or an appearance in a movie.

Edit
she is almost sold out for the regular

and you have a tweeterhead classic if you want
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...erhead-903089/
<their 1/6 line is amazing.
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:52 AM   #3
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by banner23 View Post
Hi, I have only a certain amount of space so I am planning on which characters to get for my collection. I would like to add a Super Girl statue, the one that just came out recently I didn't like. How long do they normally wait until they will do another Super Girl statue ?

Was there a Super Girl statue ever done before the most recent one ?

Thanks
The most recent Supergirl was the first Sideshow premium format.

For an example, Sideshow released their first Green lantern PF in 2013 and the second i in 2016. So there is a chance of a newer one PF in as little as 3 years.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 10:02 AM   #4
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

The first Supergirl was met with a ton of negativity so you may luck out if they want to cash in on her. I can see them making the next one look amazing and really making the people who bought the first one feel bad. Kind of the same thing they did with Wonder Woman recently. In this hobby, patience almost always pays off.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 10:09 AM   #5
craigcliff1
Zot

Boba Fett PF was around 2007, then 2014, then 2017
I bought Darth Maul Pf in 2007 or 2008, then SSC made one 2015
so no set rules. Those are popular characters
Darth Vader was I think 2005 or so, was just when I started collecting so not sure, new one 2015
Batman 5 years
Superman 5 years
WW I think 4 years or so.
for comic statues.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 10:53 AM   #6
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I almost never pray for revisits, especially so early, but in Supergirl's case, I am praying for one.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:54 AM   #7
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

The last two Red Sonjas were very close together. I can't remember but I think it was 1.5-2 years between POs...maybe even less.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:56 AM   #8
ukshaun
Hercules

How long between revisiting characters?

How long is a piece of string?

The time between Red Sonja and the next Red Sonja appears to be around 1 year.
It's safe to assume, Red Sonja is popular and sells well. With each new Red Sonja, she looks better than the last, probably to the annoyance of Red Sonja fans with limited budgets

Then there's other characters, Aspen for example. I cannot see there being another Aspen anytime soon. But what do i know?

Harley Quinn is super popular. So is Margot Robbie. With plans for Suicide Squad 2 and a Harley Quinn movie, Margot Robbie fans are in for a treat, providing they can master sculpting her face ;D
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 12:51 PM   #9
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Almost makes you wonder if that's SS plan in some cases. Almost all the 3%ers agreed the Supergirl needed some changes to make her more appealing and they didn't really address them enough to make much difference. I don't think they intentionally release undesirable/average statues, but I don't think they make enough effort to change them(except for the new Magneto) even when it's universally disliked because they know they can still sell through them with a lower ES and release a new and improved version later. I know the talk of it's already approved and it's too late and all that noise but I just don't buy it all the time considering Magneto was finished and they reworked him.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 02:07 PM   #10
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
The first Supergirl was met with a ton of negativity so you may luck out if they want to cash in on her. I can see them making the next one look amazing and really making the people who bought the first one feel bad. Kind of the same thing they did with Wonder Woman recently. In this hobby, patience almost always pays off.
LOL, not feeling bad here one bit.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote