Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 02-07-2016, 08:57 PM   #2701
BarrelCannon
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellz Manik View Post
I doubt ryu would take a shower and put on a dirty gi. If it is weathered , it has to be done all around , arms face etc. if it can't be fix then accept it , it's a mess up. I have every single SF piece sold by pop...lately took a dive on some pieces. This piece in reality was suppose to be flawless. Face, stance you name it,That's what we ALL EXPECTED. Nothing beats the first Ryu piece , the face is flawless , stance everything was perfect. We can only wait and see what comes out next to beat that masterpiece.
LMAO the first Ryu is far from perfect for me. He just doesn't look right at all next to rest of the SF line because of how stylized he is. His proportions are so bizarre in the original piece. And his face was from perfect. I sold my old one because of how it didn't match my other pieces and because I wasn't a fan of the face.

Also I just want to say the pictures they chose for the proto they put up weren't taken that great if it didn't show the weathering.
BarrelCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 02:46 AM   #2702
xpl0sive
Justice League

so has anyone cancelled their order after seeing the pics? lol.

Not sure what to think of this yet. Pics don't look good at all, but I will wait until I see it in person to judge. I got the tatakai koka version, so maybe the weathering is different on that? If not, at least it's half a gi lol.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:05 AM   #2703
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
so has anyone cancelled their order after seeing the pics? lol.

Not sure what to think of this yet. Pics don't look good at all, but I will wait until I see it in person to judge. I got the tatakai koka version, so maybe the weathering is different on that? If not, at least it's half a gi lol.
No one has the balls to cancel, they just complain to high hell on forums and then get it and display it and not say a word afterwards. Which is why I don't get the -----ing and moaning for pages and pages. If it was that big of a deal, cancel, get your money back, and email PCS personally your issues with said piece and be on with your life. No need to subject everyone to non stop complaining. Whatever floats peoples boats though I guess eh?
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:19 AM   #2704
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post
No one has the balls to cancel, they just complain to high hell on forums and then get it and display it and not say a word afterwards. Which is why I don't get the -----ing and moaning for pages and pages. If it was that big of a deal, cancel, get your money back, and email PCS personally your issues with said piece and be on with your life. No need to subject everyone to non stop complaining. Whatever floats peoples boats though I guess eh?
This guy complaining about folks w/ a legitimate gripe . Real talk, if I were to ask the original seller for a refund and he was willing, I'd cancel in a heartbeat.
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:27 AM   #2705
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhy View Post
This guy complaining about folks w/ a legitimate gripe . Real talk, if I were to ask the original seller for a refund and he was willing, I'd cancel in a heartbeat.
Ah, that's the problem with aftermarket unfortunately. Pretty much sol if you wanna return it if you paid the seller a premium. Could return it to PCS for a refund if it's in your name but I am sure you'd be losing out on cash.
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:40 AM   #2706
strife87
Spider-Ham

If you really don't like it in hand, I'd imagine you would be able to sell him, I don't know what you paid aftermarket for him, but I'd bet you can get more than retail. I understand that's a hassle to you that you didn't expect, but it's an option.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:51 AM   #2707
rhy

Quote:
Ah, that's the problem with aftermarket unfortunately. Pretty much sol if you wanna return it if you paid the seller a premium. Could return it to PCS for a refund if it's in your name but I am sure you'd be losing out on cash.
The aftermarket isn't the issue, In all fairness I made the choice to pay a premium and the seller honored his end of the deal. The problem lies w/ the fact that not once in this thread (prior to in-hand pics) or on their website did they state that Ryus' costume would be weathered. Had that information been readily available, prior to PO, then folks like myself would have had the opportunity to make a conscientious decision to cop or not.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:11 AM   #2708
rhy

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife87 View Post
If you really don't like it in hand, I'd imagine you would be able to sell him, I don't know what you paid aftermarket for him, but I'd bet you can get more than retail. I understand that's a hassle to you that you didn't expect, but it's an option.
I get what you're saying. The possibility of the statue breaking in-transit or the buyer having a change of heart is all to real. I'd rather keep it and customize it, rather than deal w/ the headaches of selling.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:12 AM   #2709
xpl0sive
Justice League

Quote:
Lol, that's true man. The last few pages of this thread have been pretty funny.

I can't imagine PCS would actually ship this to customers if it really looked that bad in hand. Could be wrong though.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 08:14 AM   #2710
BarrelCannon
Nightwing

Well hopefully. He ends up knocking al out socks off
BarrelCannon is offline   Reply With Quote