Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-04-2020, 08:16 PM   #1051
DarkKnight85
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Just curious,

does anyone know about what percentage the shipping rates went up with Prime 1 to ship to the US once Covid hit?

I'm on the fence of buying something but was wondering if I should hold off and the shipping rates would come down, but at the same time I feel they may be this way for a while. Like I'm thinking of buying the bloodborne statue, but it's like $200 shipping to Boston.
DarkKnight85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 01:46 PM   #1052
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I can’t say in percentage but pre-Covid Last Knight Megatron express shipped in 2 boxes for around $160. They are asking for around $750 now.

Until the virus calms down in general that includes the US don’t expect shipping costs to change anytime soon. There are limited employees, route changes, fewer delivery vehicles, etc. that are affecting these rates around the world.

I think we have to weigh the chances of cost over an item we really want going out of stock these days.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 06:53 AM   #1053
DarkKnight85

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
I can’t say in percentage but pre-Covid Last Knight Megatron express shipped in 2 boxes for around $160. They are asking for around $750 now.

Until the virus calms down in general that includes the US don’t expect shipping costs to change anytime soon. There are limited employees, route changes, fewer delivery vehicles, etc. that are affecting these rates around the world.

I think we have to weigh the chances of cost over an item we really want going out of stock these days.

Jesus Christ that's crazy. I have noticed that the shipping really jump up in prices obviously with larger scale items. 1:3 seems to be where it starts to to exponential rather than proportional.

Stupid me..........I'm sitting here trying to save $100 on shipping and the reality is the piece I'm trying to get I prob won't be able to get in the aftermarket cheaper than $1000 buyout price anyways or more.
Old 10-06-2020, 01:50 PM   #1054
eternalblue02

Is the $200 on the Bloodborne piece express or snail?

And you’re correct the TF pieces are larger and come in multiple boxes. The single stacked boxes for some DC pieces are still shipping around $400 express.

Me personally if you keep going back to the BB piece and looking it over for it’s design or whatever peaks your interest about it and the only hitch is the shipping I’d go for it. I find if I keep going back to ogle over pictures it belongs in the collection. You don’t want to wake up one morning and find it’s sold out then have to pay the aftermarket prices.
Old 10-06-2020, 02:09 PM   #1055
BladeoftheMoon
Mephisto

Anyone heard anything from SC ? I've a JP Rex on preorder and it's arrival date has been updated since August? Worrying I should look elsewhere if I can get my deposit back.
BladeoftheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:02 PM   #1056
DarkKnight85

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Is the $200 on the Bloodborne piece express or snail?

And you’re correct the TF pieces are larger and come in multiple boxes. The single stacked boxes for some DC pieces are still shipping around $400 express.

Me personally if you keep going back to the BB piece and looking it over for it’s design or whatever peaks your interest about it and the only hitch is the shipping I’d go for it. I find if I keep going back to ogle over pictures it belongs in the collection. You don’t want to wake up one morning and find it’s sold out then have to pay the aftermarket prices.
I think you're right on the money. Yea that $200 is the snail pace lol. I think it was like 1 - 3 months lol.

I think I keep going back to it, not just because I like it, but because I boxed myself in recently picking up the Eileen the Crow Bloodborne statue. And as happy as I am with it, part of me can't fathom not having the Hunter to compliment it as the Hunter kind of definitively represents the series as the poster character. Lol I prob will break soon, because that piece is already old and prob won't be around much longer.

I also think what's in my mind is I know there are other ones in the back of my mind I kind of want to pursue. DOOM Eternal Statue, Resident Evil 2 Remake Diorama (if they rework some of Leon and Claire) , and maybe some of the Devil May Cry V statues. I took like 2 years off from buying statues because I got into debt with them, but I've been working a lot and will have a clean slate soon, so I guess my mind is starting to get back into the hobby.
Old 10-08-2020, 09:45 PM   #1057
chronos1919
Nightwing

Does anyone have a recommendation for ordering Prime 1 pieces, between Specfiction and Secret Compass?

The latter claims shipping is between $35-50 for 1/3 statues in the US though I have a hard time believing it would be that low. I just want to make sure that I'm ordering from a merchant that will fulfill my order without concern and has good customer service in case there are any issues with the item(s).

Edit: I've also noticed that SC has very high NRDs compared to other retailers. The standard seems to be around 10% and their NRDs are closer to 30%
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 09:15 AM   #1058
eternalblue02

Chronos my experience with both stores is about equal. Both have wonderful customer service. If either of them don't reply fast its usually one getting swamped and the other going to cons. (obviously that's not happening now due to Covid)

When it comes to shipping it's really hard to choose. I don't usually have an issue paying the higher rates in moderation so this is a personal choice. The increased costs have made it difficult for both of them to nail down a precise charge until release. At one point Todd was going to do away with even showing the charge on the order page till release.

For me Spec Fiction edges out SC just a hair because I've asked Todd to put up P1 pieces during the Sideshow debacle and he usually would. He also puts up EX/Bonus pieces more so than Secret Compass. Secret Compass is the official Prime 1 distributor in the US. That means BBTS gets their stock through them along with a few other shops. I'm still working on Sideshow to find out how/where they are getting their stock or if they have a deal in place with P1.

Three experiences I've had with the companies. I purchased the Matrix Studio Shockwave from SC. Mine had 5 broken pieces. Matrix Studio wouldn't do anything so Shane stepped in and gave me a partial refund. My XM Optimus has an electrical issue in his hologram arm. Todd asked for a new one. They shipped it with a few other replacement parts and they all came damaged so he sent out for another one. I'm still waiting for it almost a year later but so much has happened and it's still being taken care of. More recently I paid for my XM Megatron shipping on Friday at SF. In the thread Cletus and I paid at the same time and he received his first and mine hadn't even shipped. I messaged Todd yesterday and he took care of it overnight.

Both owners can be contacted anytime. I trust them both but I would personally use Spec Fiction. I also have more preorders with SF and I have received more pieces from them. Also Todd has a payment plan which is pretty decent.

*Chronos check out the XM 1/6 Wonder Woman thread last page. That's all you need to know about Spec Fiction.
Old 10-10-2020, 04:33 PM   #1059
chronos1919
Nightwing

Thanks for your input and recommendation. Greatly appreciated!
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 03:23 PM   #1060
eternalblue02

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Thanks for your input and recommendation. Greatly appreciated!
No problem. One last thing. You might want to check out Fanboy Collectibles here in western CT. It's another mom and pop shop. The owner is on par with SC and Shane when it comes to customer service. I've ordered a few pieces from them with no issues. I'm suggesting this because we're only a couple states apart and if you're concerned about high shipping costs a 2 state distance is better than 10+.

https://www.fanboycollectibles.com/