Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-09-2020, 07:34 PM   #551
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post

I did have another super minor issue - there was a small piece broken off of the plant that goes into the EX base. No big deal, but I figured I'd request a replacement part which I have never had a problem doing before with these P1 pieces. Sideshow pretty quickly told me they had no replacement stock and offered for me to take an $80 gift card or I could return it at their expense. Return this massive statue because they can't get a little replacement plant for the EX base? Really? Every other time I asked for a replacement P1 piece, they contacted P1 and P1 sent it. It took months, but I was never in any hurry. There was never any "replacement stock" they pulled from.
Take the $80 and contact Prime 1 directly.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 11:51 PM   #552
Vendetta
The X-Men

Finally unboxed mine today, and assembly was as annoying as people have said. When connecting the main vine/plant on the base sure to leave a bit of a gap so you can fit the other supporting branch underneath before pushing that in all the way (as they suggest in the Prime 1 assembly video).

You might have to bend the vines around her body to an uncomfortable degree to get it to key in on her back; I ended up using a hair dryer a bit to bend the vines a bit more, though it didn’t seem to help much. The vine that connects to that vine doesn’t seem to key in well on mine, but it seems to hold well enough regardless.

All that being said, this is quite a stunning statue. I’ve had the pleasure of going to a few Wonder Festivals, Tokyo Comic Cons and galleries in Tokyo when I lived in Tokyo for a year for work, which gave me the opportunity to see quite a few Prime 1 statues in person (in addition to the ones I own), and this Poison Ivy still stands out as one of their very best statues for me.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 06:35 AM   #553
ENDO
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Yeah, it really isn't even close - on it's own, the vine is almost completely closed in on itself. The end of the vine is almost touching the beginning (where it keys in).

I guess I really don't care as long as it's not going to damage anything. Like I mentioned, out of all the pics/unboxing videos I have seen, I have yet to see two of these where the vines look the same. The variance is all over the place. I've seen some where that upper vine doesn't even come close to touching the body. I think there was one where it was sticking pretty high up.

I did have another super minor issue - there was a small piece broken off of the plant that goes into the EX base. No big deal, but I figured I'd request a replacement part which I have never had a problem doing before with these P1 pieces. Sideshow pretty quickly told me they had no replacement stock and offered for me to take an $80 gift card or I could return it at their expense. Return this massive statue because they can't get a little replacement plant for the EX base? Really? Every other time I asked for a replacement P1 piece, they contacted P1 and P1 sent it. It took months, but I was never in any hurry. There was never any "replacement stock" they pulled from.
You seem like a professional complainer.
ENDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 11:52 AM   #554
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDO View Post
You seem like a professional complainer.
And welcome to my ignore list.

A "professional complainer" because I said I didn't really care that a part doesn't really work correctly and tried to get a replacement part for an item that had a small piece broken off that I called "minor"?

If you think I'm a "professional" complainer because this piece is a PITA to put together, especially when some pieces are not in the intended shape, I don't know what to tell you. Go buy it and put it together.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 03:11 PM   #555
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
Finally unboxed mine today, and assembly was as annoying as people have said. When connecting the main vine/plant on the base sure to leave a bit of a gap so you can fit the other supporting branch underneath before pushing that in all the way (as they suggest in the Prime 1 assembly video).

You might have to bend the vines around her body to an uncomfortable degree to get it to key in on her back; I ended up using a hair dryer a bit to bend the vines a bit more, though it didn’t seem to help much. The vine that connects to that vine doesn’t seem to key in well on mine, but it seems to hold well enough regardless.

All that being said, this is quite a stunning statue. I’ve had the pleasure of going to a few Wonder Festivals, Tokyo Comic Cons and galleries in Tokyo when I lived in Tokyo for a year for work, which gave me the opportunity to see quite a few Prime 1 statues in person (in addition to the ones I own), and this Poison Ivy still stands out as one of their very best statues for me.
Some good points here. I think Ivy herself looks amazing but wish Prime 1 would cut back on the intricate bases and focus on the character more.
Iko Iko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 03:30 PM   #556
ScoobyDoo
The Spirit

Quote:
Yeah, it really isn't even close - on it's own, the vine is almost completely closed in on itself. The end of the vine is almost touching the beginning (where it keys in).

I guess I really don't care as long as it's not going to damage anything. Like I mentioned, out of all the pics/unboxing videos I have seen, I have yet to see two of these where the vines look the same. The variance is all over the place. I've seen some where that upper vine doesn't even come close to touching the body. I think there was one where it was sticking pretty high up.

Sorry, I laughed at the fact sideshow wanted you to sent back the whole statue just for the little part that broke!

Hope you get a replacement or can glue it yourself.

I have this statue on order and I hope it’s not as bad to put together as you and other people say. What you give the statue as a whole, out of 10? And how would you rate the difficulty putting it together?
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 04:51 PM   #557
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Some good points here. I think Ivy herself looks amazing but wish Prime 1 would cut back on the intricate bases and focus on the character more.
I have to disagree. I have over 50 statues in my house and this is a show-stopper. The base is what brings it to the next level. I know some would want a smaller base for more statues (I believe I even said this in the past), but after seeing this, I’d rather have my space taken up by these real works of art even if it means I could accommodate fewer.
Old 10-11-2020, 04:54 PM   #558
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Also, I think they told you to send it back because taking it apart and repacking properly seems unlikely to happen.
Old 10-13-2020, 08:55 AM   #559
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
Sorry, I laughed at the fact sideshow wanted you to sent back the whole statue just for the little part that broke!

Hope you get a replacement or can glue it yourself.

I have this statue on order and I hope it’s not as bad to put together as you and other people say. What you give the statue as a whole, out of 10? And how would you rate the difficulty putting it together?
I usually would care, but not only is it just this little piece on the EX cat base (and this EX I could have easily done without), but I would never have even noticed anything was wrong had I not seen the piece of the tip of the leaf in the box. While I would gladly take a "perfect" piece for when this gets sold one day , I sure am not losing sleep over it.

Now, part of me was thinking I could call them on it, send it back, get the refund, then order the Reg just to see if I get some vines that don't hug her body... but, I don't even care enough about that to go through putting it back in the box.

There were two parts that were rough when assembling, but one of them was only rough because the vines weren't as they should have been designed.

Attaching the biggest "monster plant" piece is not fun. Part of it is because there is a small piece that has to be in place for it to "rest" on that you will likely be scraping against while trying to get it keyed in. For me, the key was tight and I was eventually stuck - part of my problem is WHERE I was assembling it, too: right in front of two other P1 pieces. So, this large piece is stuck and I am trying to wiggle it out without causing a disaster. I thought for sure it would unexpectedly give and my Arkham Origins Joker would get knocked off. On my second try, I must have hit a better angle and it went further in, but that last little bit was rough. It's always scary to know when you're putting too much force on one of these things.

The vines on her body were already weird since the instructions have you putting them on her body BEFORE putting her in the base. I don't think that is necessary. But, I'm trying to follow direction and balance this piece upright on the floor while trying to get these vines on. Watching the P1 unboxing video, it is - of course - SO easy. And it would be if the vines were as wide open as they are in the video since they are wider than the body. Mine are almost completely shut, so I have to try and pull them apart while wondering how much damage the scraping against her body is doing (none, luckily) and not dropping the figure.

Really, I don't think this SHOULD have been a pain to put together with the exception of that one key. I did spend a LONG time, though, and was sweating it multiple times. There was one point where I was wondering if I was going to be stuck in the position of holding up that one big monster plant piece all night.

Oh - as far as the scale goes, we do at least have one that finally goes perfectly with tiny-head OG AK Batman. He has always been the odd man out since EVERYONE has a larger head than Batman. His biceps are bigger than his head!
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 10:27 AM   #560
TruckerJoe
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I have to disagree. I have over 50 statues in my house and this is a show-stopper. The base is what brings it to the next level. I know some would want a smaller base for more statues (I believe I even said this in the past), but after seeing this, I’d rather have my space taken up by these real works of art even if it means I could accommodate fewer.
I absolutely agree that this piece is a show stopper.
I have some 1/4 statues, I've sold many of them to
make room for these larger pieces.
No regret in reducing my collection even though
I let some very nice 1/4 scale pieces go as I've
made the decision that these larger pieces such
as Poison Ivy are indeed the next level and I think
others seeing such a statue as this may also rethink
their collection.

There is only so much room for statues that many
of us have and better to have a few show stoppers
than a large quantity of statues that don't stand
out from each other. I lost count but I'm sure I