Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-14-2020, 01:40 PM   #91
Tarksis
Justice League

This will be my first DC and first 1/3 PO! I plan on having it underlit with spotlights so it will cast less obvious ---- shadows lol...hopefully that will diffuse it enough.
Tarksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 04:22 PM   #92
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I think a Batman Begins in 1/3 is long overdue. I like that suit a lot more than the TDK suit. Getting this one as well.
Good point
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 04:24 PM   #93
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarksis View Post
This will be my first DC and first 1/3 PO! I plan on having it underlit with spotlights so it will cast less obvious ---- shadows lol...hopefully that will diffuse it enough.
Yeah TarK!

It's gonna be dope for sure
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 04:36 PM   #94
Tarksis
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
Yeah TarK!

It's gonna be dope for sure
It really is spectacular. This is exactly the image that comes to mind when I think of Batman. For me it's definitive and awesome!
Tarksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 04:42 PM   #95
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I've been waiting/hoping for this and it looks amazing. I will get it no matter what.

That being said........

I always thought that looking at the art that he had Trunks and that the cape was blue or had some blue-ish tint. So to see no trunks and a black cape kind of threw me a bit. I also think the chest is a bit too broad, the symbol and belt should be yellow (or at least both the same color) and the symbol should have a smaller bat symbol inside the oval for a cleaner border.

Original Art:

MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 09:45 PM   #96
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
I've been waiting/hoping for this and it looks amazing. I will get it no matter what.

That being said........

I always thought that looking at the art that he had Trunks and that the cape was blue or had some blue-ish tint. So to see no trunks and a black cape kind of threw me a bit. I also think the chest is a bit too broad, the symbol and belt should be yellow (or at least both the same color) and the symbol should have a smaller bat symbol inside the oval for a cleaner border.

Those are some good points. It's hard to tell if the broadness of the chest is correct or not as there are a lot of shadows in the original art.

I don't like the cross-hatch that they've added - if you want to call it that. There are little lines placed throughout the suit that aren't wrinkles, but look like pseudo shading. That might work with Jim Lee's art, but that doesn't mean every single suit needs cross-hatch added to it. Either go realistic or don't; in between looks weird.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:21 PM   #97
Mister H
Gen 13

The hatching is just in a few places here and there. Doesn't bother me. The only issue I have is the bat symbol on his chest. I don’t hate it, just wish it was a big black bat. If it’s not removable then I’ll just have to customize it.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 06:01 AM   #98
Python
Omega Red

Looks like they listened to those of you who didn't like the logo, this has a switch out option. It also has four head options and will be available for pre order soon. I never really considered a Batman statue before, I like him, but not enough to actually collect stuff for. This however is the best Batman statue I've ever seen. If it isn't stupidly expensive, I wouldn't mind getting one.

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 08:01 AM   #99
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I don't have any Batman statues, I really should change that one day. I like this one....
Wait for a Batman VS Predator diorama. (From the Comics) That would be a killer statue. I'd buy that for a dollar...
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 11:04 AM   #100
SONICobra
Batman

That new emblem makes a huge difference, too bad it doesnt have a cape switch out option to eliminate some of the height. Im guessing its going to be around 42” tall give or take
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote