Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 08-18-2014, 10:31 PM   #1
Dahwaf
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

DC Icons: Green Arrow Statue

Next in the line of DC Icons is Green Arrow.

SCULPTED BY GENTLE GIANT STUDIOS
The Emerald Archer takes aim with this stunning statue that perfectly captures his look from DC COMICS – THE NEW 52.
Limited Edition of 5,200
Measures Approximately 10.5" Tall
$124.95 US • On Sale March 2015 * Allocations May Occur

(Would just like to point out that the price has gone up from $99 for all the previous Icons, to $125 for this one)

Anyone a fan of this line? It's been pretty under the radar since it started.
I've skipped all of them since I feel the poses are far too stiff and rigid. Also those bases are pretty lame.

Dahwaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:04 PM   #2
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

meh...looks like and action figure with its joints glued
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:40 PM   #3
gomur
The Tick

I saw the Batman in person and it's pretty uninspiring. Sure they are museum poses but that doesn't mean they can't have presence. I find the other heroes much more impressive from the previews. Flash and Aquaman look like the best so far and the upcoming Shazam ain't too shabby.

Pics from Michael Crawford's awesome review site:

gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:11 AM   #4
Dahwaf
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
I saw the Batman in person and it's pretty uninspiring. Sure they are museum poses but that doesn't mean they can't have presence. I find the other heroes much more impressive from the previews. Flash and Aquaman look like the best so far and the upcoming Shazam ain't too shabby.

Pics from Michael Crawford's awesome review site:

Aquaman is the only one that I like so far.
Sadly, still not enough to buy it though, which is a disappointment since I've always wanted a good Aquaman statue.
Maybe I'll change my mind when I see him in person.
Dahwaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:26 AM   #5
neomatrix99
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I think Batman kind of started the line off badly. But I am waiting for Superman to come out and see what that looks like in person. I also think Flash and Aquaman are the best so far. But who knows if the line continues it may give Koto's line a run since it is bigger and resin. Also if they go back and redo Batman with shiny paint job like the rest of the line, it might help.
neomatrix99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:37 AM   #6
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I think for the price, the line is fine. Could it be better, sure it could, but you would need to increase the price on these to get what everyone wants. Batman gets a lot of justified criticism, but if the cape had been sculpted and the paint job been a little better, I think the negative criticism would be almost none despite the stiff pose. It really boggles the mind that in this day and age DC has not been able to come up with a true 1/6-1/7 scale line that matches up with Bowen's Marvel line. These ICONS and Cover Girls lines are as close as we get, and they're not really that close.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:10 PM   #7
memoria_hotel
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Aquaman and Flash look good. I love the Superman, other than the damn cloth cape. Shazam looks utterly lifeless -- reminds me of something I'd see at a cheap wax museum.
memoria_hotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:45 PM   #8
neomatrix99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I think for the price, the line is fine. Could it be better, sure it could, but you would need to increase the price on these to get what everyone wants. Batman gets a lot of justified criticism, but if the cape had been sculpted and the paint job been a little better, I think the negative criticism would be almost none despite the stiff pose. It really boggles the mind that in this day and age DC has not been able to come up with a true 1/6-1/7 scale line that matches up with Bowen's Marvel line. These ICONS and Cover Girls lines are as close as we get, and they're not really that close.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:59 PM   #9
Warpath
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

If these were a little taller, I'd be interested in the Aquaman, and maybe the Flash. 1/6 or nothing.
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:25 PM   #10
neomatrix99

also I thought maybe with DC contact going out to more companies we would see some 1/6 more in the line with Bowen, but sadly not yet. The best I've seen has been Koto's PVC line but that is PVC and Bowen is resin