Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 06-24-2012, 12:00 PM   #11
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)

have this one and it's a grail piece for me simply because it's amazing
there's also not much information known about it and it's quite rare
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:13 PM   #12
jonahtattoo
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Well, for me it would have to be the upcomming wolverine x-force statue. It is not a grail in the sense that it is-will be hard to find, but it is the statue I want most in my collection right now. Going to look so nice with my x-force deadpool, and x-23!
jonahtattoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #13
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

The recent DRS Magneto statue was a grail for me not in terms of it being hard to find, but just as the kind of statue I've been waiting years for. Though I wish the paint was a little brighter, it's pretty much the perfect representation of Magneto for me.

The Avengers Reborn Thor statue is a grail for me in the elusive sense. I'd like to own that whole set of three Avengers statues. Iron Man is easy enough to find at a decent price, and there's a shop around here still selling the Cap statue. But I don't know where to find Thor without paying a lot of money, so I've held off on the series altogether. At some point I may just buy Cap and mix and match him with other Avengers statues.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:06 PM   #14
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

I do consider the avengers reborn series an almost "Grail" collection, mostly the Cap and Thor statues. They are hard to get and cost you a pretty penny. I am glad of my Magneto, it is truly the best representation of the character, and I'm sure it will become a Grail sometime.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #15
zapped havok
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Avengers reborn Thor this took me along time to aquire today is a good day.

zapped havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #16
BarrelCannon
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsbells51 View Post
I think the runner's up to the gems listed above are:

- X-Men Danger Room Sessions: Psylocke

One of the best bases out there and perfect Jim Lee Psylocke representation!

- X-Men Danger Room Sessions: Magneto

This is still a new statue, but it will be one of Koto's best! Erick nailed Magneto to perfection (even the COH sculpt)! The paint job is Koto's best and caught the attention of collectors of other companies. Koto might not know this, but this might be the turning point of the company as it raised the bar with it's paint apps and turned many people on to the company.
I consider the magneto a grail as well, there was a paint blotch on mine though on the back of his cape. Otherwise the paint job was insane. The sculpt was perfect and the pose they chose as well as the face sculpt makes it one grail status for me. The way the face captures the characters expression blows me away. And the comicy look of the hair was a good choice imo.
BarrelCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #17
StatueHunter75
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Here's a video review of my new Kotobukiya Batman ArtFX Black Costume version 1/6 Scale PVC statue. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1Mif9-eTkE
StatueHunter75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #18
six8ten
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrelCannon View Post
I consider the magneto a grail as well, there was a paint blotch on mine though on the back of his cape. Otherwise the paint job was insane. The sculpt was perfect and the pose they chose as well as the face sculpt makes it one grail status for me. The way the face captures the characters expression blows me away. And the comicy look of the hair was a good choice imo.
I agree this is a great piece, but I think it's too new to be called a "grail" piece. While it could certainly be the gem/main piece/star of a collection, for me the word "grail" has a connotation of "Extremely hard to find" and implies a piece that exists that you've been searching ages for. Give it some time, and this could very well be a grail piece for many collectors.

Sorry, I've probably read too much Arthurian literature. I can get a bit too literal about the word "grail".
six8ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:38 PM   #19
BarrelCannon
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueHunter75 View Post
Here's a video review of my new Kotobukiya Batman ArtFX Black Costume version 1/6 Scale PVC statue. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1Mif9-eTkE
You didn't mention my name so I'm gonna thumb your vid down

Joking aside great vid. I was looking to get that statue for a while but I want to get the sideshow PF first. That koto bats will probably have a price hike on the secondary market from the looks of it.

One question for you though, do you really consider this batman your grail for Koto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by six8ten View Post
I agree this is a great piece, but I think it's too new to be called a "grail" piece. While it could certainly be the gem/main piece/star of a collection, for me the word "grail" has a connotation of "Extremely hard to find" and implies a piece that exists that you've been searching ages for. Give it some time, and this could very well be a grail piece for many collectors.

Sorry, I've probably read too much Arthurian literature. I can get a bit too literal about the word "grail".
Hey your reasoning is more than fair bud, no need to apologize. In that case my grail for koto would be the Master Chief Field of Battle piece. But I'm a huge halo nut so I'm a little biased towards it
BarrelCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:04 PM   #20
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

For me its Danger Room Sessions Magneto.. That piece is just pure awesomeness...
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote