Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-20-2021, 09:17 AM   #221
SDguy

IME SS doesn't paint in shade/shadowing in skin creases, crevasses (ie add a dark or black center line), so I don't think that's a mistake. If you take a flash pic of the crease, it shows up lighter. I'm not saying if that's the right or wrong way to apply paint to a skin crease, just that's how my pieces are (Queen of the Dead comers to mind first).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09882.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	260.0 KB
ID:	143382   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09885_1.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	143383  
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 10:45 AM   #222
desertdragon
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
Awesome pics, i had this PO'd but switching focus on my collection. Decided with the delay to cancel this. It looks great, made a choice for the funds for something i wanted specifically. Think this would have looked great next to my Red Sonjas and Medusa statues. Congrats on it!
Thank you House! I know she's definitely not everyone's cup of chaos brew, and I agree totally that you should put your resources towards the pieces you know you will enjoy having - that's certainly been my philosophy since I started down this treacherous rabbit hole
desertdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 10:50 AM   #223
desertdragon
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
IME SS doesn't paint in shade/shadowing in skin creases, crevasses (ie add a dark or black center line), so I don't think that's a mistake. If you take a flash pic of the crease, it shows up lighter. I'm not saying if that's the right or wrong way to apply paint to a skin crease, just that's how my pieces are (Queen of the Dead comers to mind first).
Agree that this is a quite common painting practice rather than a mistake... And no offense, but if you are lighting your statues so that the bottom of the ass crevice is fully illuminated, you're doing it wrong :P
desertdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 12:26 PM   #224
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

i know my picture has flash light on it but even without the light, there is a clear white line plus the back of her garment is faded compare to front. it looks really bad in person. i even compared my statue with couple other and they weren't like mine.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 02:05 PM   #225
Demona
Martian Manhunter

If you like the statue Ivory, and Sideshow won't offer an exchange - go the route of the return. It sucks, but it's the only way if it's bothering you like that.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 10:46 AM   #226
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivory7777 View Post
i know my picture has flash light on it but even without the light, there is a clear white line plus the back of her garment is faded compare to front. it looks really bad in person. i even compared my statue with couple other and they weren't like mine.
My point wasn't really to tell you how to feel about the piece, more just an FYI to not expect anything different on a replacement, in case you were considering just returning yours and buying a second one (regarding her butt).
Old 10-23-2021, 11:50 AM   #227
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
My point wasn't really to tell you how to feel about the piece, more just an FYI to not expect anything different on a replacement, in case you were considering just returning yours and buying a second one (regarding her butt).
yeah i know what you mean, no worries. i still like the piece, and chances are i might buy it in future. i'll probably gonna display this next to lady death. also was thinking of displaying different sorceress statues in a one big showcase togather.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 11:54 AM   #228
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivory7777 View Post
yeah i know what you mean, no worries. i still like the piece, and chances are i might buy it in future. i'll probably gonna display this next to lady death. also was thinking of displaying different sorceress statues in a one big showcase togather.
Maybe look into the Quarantine studios pieces which are also 1/5 scale.
Old 05-16-2022, 11:00 PM   #229
Pharmer
The Herculoids

https://seconds.sideshow.com/collect...57?var=3007571

Not sure if this can be combined with the $25 SWU code but nice discount regardless

FYI: SWU code doesn’t work on this; curious so I tried it in the basket

Not sure but I think the SWU codes are one use per account; they pop up randomly and seem to have no set pattern for item eligibility

Last edited by Pharmer; 05-16-2022 at 11:28 PM. Reason: SWU
Pharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 08:44 AM   #230
SDguy

25% off, free shipping, and I had $90 in RP's not earmarked for anything, so $280 all in, I couldn't resist any longer.