Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 11-01-2018, 09:54 AM   #51
FDS
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCurly View Post
They are SILICONE.....................BUT before everyone has a heart attack for the pieces or the prices, you need to know from someone who is VERY experienced in the making and materials of silicone busts, hands and so on, is not all silicone is the same.

JUST like latex, there is cheap latex that rots away like we have all seen in movie props to high end Latex that will last a long time like what Steve Wang was using before he retired doing personal projects.

If you ask any high end artist in the SILICONE world, most will tell you they are using Platinum Medical grade Silicone. THIS STUFF does not break down. It would probably take a century or 7 or 8 decades before you would POSSIBLY see any breakdown. If they are using a CHEAP SILICONE, then these busts could be breaking down in a matter of years and then its garbage, wasted money. Once a piece starts to break down, there is nothing you can do to save it.

Some Latex can be saved by guys like Tom S, but thats not silicone. I have asked the company to reveal what type of silicone they use. If its NOT platinum Silicone, then that would tell you why the prices are sooooo cheap for a silicone piece. Most artists for a bust like these without a fancy base are charging anywhere from $4000 usd to $15 000 usd depending on the artist and there ego.

$4000 for a silicone Platinum bust is DIRT CHEAP in this hobby, so the price of these busts has me concerned.

My WHOLE COLLECTION is HIGH END SILICONE from about every major artist you can think of. I have used just about all of them. Bobby Causey is my Best friend, so Ive even helped with some of his creations.

As far as likeness, they have a LOKI bust that is pretty DEAD ON. If I were a fan of Marvel, I would buy it in an instant, but only if I knew the material or grade of silicone was top line, and not some cheap stuff that will degrade over a few years. NOBODY wants to spend there hard earned money on something if its going to degrade. So its an important question that needs to be answered.

As far as the Terminator busts, MY GOD, they need major work. T1000 is pretty good, but I feel the hair and color are really throwing off the sculpt. THIS is an easy fix. BUT THE ARNOLD, its soooo off its not funny. If people are happy to buy a bust that looks CLOSE but not perfect, let them, but for TRUE DIE HARD ARNOLD OR TERMINATOR FAN, it simply wont do.

The likeness has to be dead on for most to spend $3000, $4000, or $10 000 usd for one. I am one of those people. I dont buy ALMOST LOOKS LIKE because it would bug the hell out of me. I want to look at a bust or statue and get chills like the actual actor is right there. Anything less, just feels like a waste of money. But I feel there done, because its already up for PO. T1000 is not yet.

Sorry for long write up, but people need to be educated that just because something looks good or good quality, doesnt mean it is. As cheap as there prices are, under $3000usd, that is still more than most on this forum can dream of affording even tho its a very cheap price for silicone, we just need to know if its lasting medical grade platinum silicone, or cheap silicone that will fall apart after a couple years. Im waiting for a response. You should too if your gonna pull the trigger on their stuff. IF its not Platinum, than you would be wise to stay away. There is a reason all top end artists use the good stuff.
Rightly said!, Exactly what I was trying to say.😊
FDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 09:55 AM   #52
FDS
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Straight from the horse's mouth:
Great find! Hope to see it with improvements and what silicone they are using.

At least their listening.
Old 11-01-2018, 04:09 PM   #53
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDS View Post
Great find! Hope to see it with improvements and what silicone they are using.

At least their listening.
Yes they are. A couple of us have been very vocal and for them to actually address some of the points we have made LIKE the forhead for instance, is a good sign. They personally messaged me and said they would pass on all my points and pictures and see what the TEAM could do to improve the sculpt at this point.

NOW , just waiting to hear if they answer my question on the silicone they are using............nothing yet!
BillyCurly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 06:26 PM   #54
FDS
Justice League

Quote:
Yes they are. A couple of us have been very vocal and for them to actually address some of the points we have made LIKE the forhead for instance, is a good sign. They personally messaged me and said they would pass on all my points and pictures and see what the TEAM could do to improve the sculpt at this point.

NOW , just waiting to hear if they answer my question on the silicone they are using............nothing yet!
Great stuff! Keep it up👍
Old 11-02-2018, 09:29 PM   #55
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Do they have plans to make a full size endoskeleton?
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:07 AM   #56
BillyCurly
Adamantium Plus Member

Here is there reply, seems they are using good stuff based on this.

Queen Studios Collectibles Hi Christian, thanks for your message, and sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We wanted to make sure that we had an accurate answer before we gave you a response.

The type of silicone we use, is used in both the medical industry (for human organ cloning) and culinary industry (for food molds). As you have mentioned it is known as platinum silica gel, or medical silicone. This type of silicone is popular in these industries due to its low compression set, great stability and ability to resist extreme temperatures of heat and cold. As well as maintaining it’s structure and properties under intense temperatures, this type of silicone can maintain its soft and elastic properties for a long time. It is also water-resistant, ozone-resistant, weather-resistant, non-corrosive, physiologically inert, non-toxic and tasteless, making it ideal for products where high quality is a must.

Currently our Loki doesn’t come with the helmet as we have the license for Avengers 3. The Loki in Avengers 3 doesn’t wear a helmet, therefore we don’t have a license to sell him with one. Thanks for your kind words, Loki has taken a lot of work, but also a work of passion which we are all proud of! ��
Old 11-09-2018, 04:22 PM   #57
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Where did you get in touch with them, through fb or direct email? I'd like to know if they'll be releasing that thanos bust.
their loki bust is stunning pretty much as good as it's gets at any level.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 03:13 AM   #58
BillyCurly
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Where did you get in touch with them, through fb or direct email? I'd like to know if they'll be releasing that thanos bust.
their loki bust is stunning pretty much as good as it's gets at any level.
Private facebook group! Cheers
Old 11-10-2018, 06:15 AM   #59
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Private facebook group! Cheers
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 12:59 PM   #60
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Sounds like they know what they're doing. Good to hear. I wonder if they'll do anything from T1, or try a skinless endo bust.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote