Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-05-2018, 09:54 PM   #3201
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
So - any recommendations for someone who plunged into the line with the Shard variant? I still have a bit more SS credit and just wondering if I should prioritize any of the in stock/pre-order ones, or track down some of the older releases (always loved Oglavaeil).
The original Shard is good too as is almost every court piece, the new Kier and Gallevarbe look like winners, but if I had extra money with sideshow Malavestros would be the first one for me because he is so well done and has so many cool features, he would be great as a stand alone figure even if there was no Court of the dead.
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 02:40 AM   #3202
MK Ultra
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
it seems to me all intl folks got Green and domestic got red apples?
Could be, the ones' pictured a couple of pages back with the fancy boxes are from Shanghai Con right? The one on Ebay is from Hong Kong.
MK Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 07:33 AM   #3203
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
it seems to me all intl folks got Green and domestic got red apples?
In Europe here and got the red apple. I've seen a green one on eBay but don't know if it's legit
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 09:30 AM   #3204
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
So - any recommendations for someone who plunged into the line with the Shard variant? I still have a bit more SS credit and just wondering if I should prioritize any of the in stock/pre-order ones, or track down some of the older releases (always loved Oglavaeil).
If you want more of the Army and need a general and Mortighull is still in stock then i can't reccomend you get him enough. Probably the best COTD piece yet imo and he does look great with Shard.

Also Malavestros is a sublime piece but i feel he works better as a stand alone piece or with Death as he isn't military...

The rest honestly you can find on ebay for Retail or less anyway...or pieces like Kier and Gallevarbe you may want to look at the newer versions...
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:54 PM   #3205
Valderen
The Spirit

Well this slipped to page 4, it's kinda sad for such an outstanding line.

This has been the only line I've been collecting for the past 2 years. It's unique and has steadily been some of the best work Sideshow has done in my opinion.

Sadly as far as I am concerned, Sideshow has dropped the ball on this like. No new statue announced since SDCC 2017 almost 1 1/2 year ago.

Last statue put up for pre-order was on March 8th(excluding the Shard variant). The last 3 statues put up for pre-orders have been new version of characters already released which was very disappointing since the Chronicles book showed dozens of really cool character they could have made. I did get the new ones because I think they are awesome but still would have preferred new characters, it's not like these characters are household names that every body wants.

The last actual new statue was Mortighul put for pre-order November 2nd 2017.

So 2019 for me looks like this...Kier in Januray, Gallevarbe in March, and since the usual pattern is pre-order 12 months before release that leaves the rest of the year with nothing.

So what happened is I started looking elsewhere to scratch my collecting itch, and I decide to go with XM 1/6th scale DC Rebirth. I have Joker, Wonder Woman and Aquaman on PO, and will PO most of those that have been shown.

Now, I will still get at least 1 more CotD statue since my display has room for 10 and I have 9 in it right now, with another shelf that has room for 3 where I'm putting the new Gethsemoni, Kier and Gallevarbe.

The other display I had made, will now be used for the 1/6th scale.

I'm not saying I'm writing off CotD entirely. I still think it's one of the most interesting and unique line out there, but Sideshow seemingly lack of interest in this line in the last year(as far as 1/4 scale anyways) has kinda lowered my interest too.

Not sure why I wrote this to be honest, I think it's the realization a few weeks after I POed the XM 1/6 scale that I was actually dropping this line since my budget won't allow me to collect both, and this happened because Sideshow's inactivity rather then me just wanting to stop. I just need something regular to come out to keep my interest I guess.

Hopefully XM does a better job to keep my interest with regular release of 1/6th scale.

/rant off
Valderen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:57 PM   #3206
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

It is sad, I agree. We all know Sideshow is notorious for ditching lines and not completing teams, but it's another level of bad when it's their own original license.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 04:06 PM   #3207
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

They've been showing nothing but dedication all year long. There's more to CotD than the PFs. Sidedeshow know which of their factories are trusted enough to handle CotD statues. There's no reason for them to accept people's money too early without being able to schedule production. That would only create angst while diminishing excitement. An order is supposed to hit before the end of year.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 04:18 PM   #3208
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Tomorrows Sideshow live is dedicated to COTD. The main focus will be the Mourner's Call Board game but we might hear something new.

Sideshow is all in on COTD and i don't see them dropping it anytime soon.
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 05:21 PM   #3209
Valderen
The Spirit

I know they are committed to the line as a whole, but I only posted about the 1/4 scale PF. I have ZERO interest in a board games, comics, art, etc...

And as far as PF nothing new was shown since SDCC 2017 a 1 1/2 year ago. And no new statue put up on order since March 8 that's 9 months ago, it used to be 1 every 3 months or so.

Maybe I'm wrong and they'll start pushing out new stuff again regularly, but as per my previous post this lack of new stuff both announced and put on pre-order make me look elsewhere and I found something else to spend my money on.

Maybe they are stretching themselves too thin on the Court of the Dead with everything they are doing and the PF suffered somewhat because of it...but as I said for me it's ONLY about the PF, I don't care about the rest.

I remember in the 90's when Image Comics launched, I was all over it. A few months later I had all but abandoned them, not because they were not good...but because they had such an erratic publishing schedule sometimes going 2-3 months between issues that I lost interest and went back to Marvel and DC because their title were out like clockwork every month.

I remember when the show Lost came out, loved the show, and I think during the second season they started having release issues, sometimes having a month between episodes. I lost interest there too.

I sense a pattern about me there losing interest when sometime has irregular releases.

There's just so much competition for my limited dollars, time and interest these days and not just in statues, but TV, Movies, etc. it's easy to lose interest in one thing since so many other things are just on the side waiting to fill the gap.
Valderen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 05:59 PM   #3210
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valderen View Post
I know they are committed to the line as a whole, but I only posted about the 1/4 scale PF. I have ZERO interest in a board games, comics, art, etc...

And as far as PF nothing new was shown since SDCC 2017 a 1 1/2 year ago. And no new statue put up on order since March 8 that's 9 months ago, it used to be 1 every 3 months or so.

Maybe I'm wrong and they'll start pushing out new stuff again regularly, but as per my previous post this lack of new stuff both announced and put on pre-order make me look elsewhere and I found something else to spend my money on.

Maybe they are stretching themselves too thin on the Court of the Dead with everything they are doing and the PF suffered somewhat because of it...but as I said for me it's ONLY about the PF, I don't care about the rest.

I remember in the 90's when Image Comics launched, I was all over it. A few months later I had all but abandoned them, not because they were not good...but because they had such an erratic publishing schedule sometimes going 2-3 months between issues that I lost interest and went back to Marvel and DC because their title were out like clockwork every month.

I remember when the show Lost came out, loved the show, and I think during the second season they started having release issues, sometimes having a month between episodes. I lost interest there too.

I sense a pattern about me there losing interest when sometime has irregular releases.

There's just so much competition for my limited dollars, time and interest these days and not just in statues, but TV, Movies, etc. it's easy to lose interest in one thing since so many other things are just on the side waiting to fill the gap.
Sideshow be like:
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote