Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-24-2018, 09:32 PM   #1861
MK Ultra
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

If I were to display this I think I might put a couple of extra rubber grommets on top of the factory ones, stack em' on there. Just enough to lift all along the front part of the base a couple centimeters, just enough to correct/cancel the forward lean on the Pred. That might be enough to take care of the problem. Maybe even over do it a bit and lean him back a couple centimeters for good measure? Don't know, haven't seen this piece since back in March when I got mine, can't quite recall how bad the lean is. Doing all the complex surgery with metal rods and so might not be necessary? Still though, I would put those extra grommets or whatever on there for sure, wouldn't want to "test" mine for the lean.
MK Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 07:11 PM   #1862
nurturer
Frackin!

I got the replacement head, double boxed, and with the locks smashed, as much as the one that bounced off my living room carpet. No where on the outer box is the word FRAGILE written. Do I have to send these guys a Sharpie? The inner box had too much space to move around in, although they did try to stabilize it with pieces of foam, they obviously underestimate the weight of their own product. Again, I have to go through the BS exercise of contacting these guys until they get it right.
nurturer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:18 PM   #1863
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

Well - they're consistent . . .

. . . I shake my head in their general direction.
HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 10:22 PM   #1864
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurturer View Post
I got the replacement head, double boxed, and with the locks smashed, as much as the one that bounced off my living room carpet. No where on the outer box is the word FRAGILE written. Do I have to send these guys a Sharpie? The inner box had too much space to move around in, although they did try to stabilize it with pieces of foam, they obviously underestimate the weight of their own product. Again, I have to go through the BS exercise of contacting these guys until they get it right.
I don’t know why they dint use bubble wrap and styrofoam peanuts when they ship stuff.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 06:29 PM   #1865
nurturer
Frackin!

They're sending a 3rd masked head and I mentioned the bubble wrap idea, being too obvious but sometimes you just have to keep things simple.
nurturer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 08:33 PM   #1866
ozboy
Birdman

The fact they make this stuff and can't use the common sense to pack it says it all really.
ozboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 08:40 PM   #1867
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurturer View Post
Call them and ask them to use those bean bag type packing bags with tiny styro balls in them. Worked great for my third WW hair from them.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 11:25 AM   #1868
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

Just wanted to drop in and say shame on you Sideshow for releasing your somewhat recent City Hunter and Jungle Hunter 1/4 statues at the price you charged. If you have to sell those characters at that price to make money, you should probably call it quits on Predator. You are getting BLOWN out of the water by your competitors, and one of them is charging about $300 less than what you charged for an inferior P2 statue about 4 years ago. And if you drop your prices to compete now, customers will know you have been gouging them for years.

But just like Blockbuster Video, it couldn't happen to a more deserving company.
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 11:25 AM   #1869
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

Just wanted to drop in and say shame on you Sideshow for releasing your somewhat recent City Hunter and Jungle Hunter 1/4 statues at the price you charged. If you have to sell those characters at that price to make money, you should probably call it quits on Predator. You are getting BLOWN out of the water by your competitors, and one of them is charging about $300 less than what you charged for an inferior P2 statue about 4 years ago. And if you drop your prices to compete now, customers will know you have been gouging them for years.

But just like Blockbuster Video, it couldn't happen to a more deserving company.
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 02:26 AM   #1870
Legion564
Mephisto

Just curious is this 1/4 scale?
Legion564 is offline   Reply With Quote