Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-31-2015, 12:31 AM   #2361
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

been hunting these down on ebay for a cheap cracked/broken one that I can fix up and customize. haven't found one yet.
thecollector80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 12:43 AM   #2362
SONICobra
Batman

unless its truly broken you wont find one for cheap, even ones with cracking paint go for a premium
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 12:55 AM   #2363
thecollector80

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
unless its truly broken you wont find one for cheap, even ones with cracking paint go for a premium
yeah i noticed that. even ones listed as "cracked paint" go for around $400 or more. I've abandoned the idea of obtaining one anyway. once in a while I'll search for one on ebay at random and see if I can find a bargain but no luck.

I do have a Ms Marvel SSC regular in pristine condition. whenever i see it i get tempted to take a whack at it and tear it down and customize it. first thing i get tempted to do is remove that stupid fabric costume and sculpt an actual suit that's sexier and skimpier than the original one. but then again when i go on ebay and see regs going for almost $1000 used, i tend to back off.
Old 05-31-2015, 02:13 AM   #2364
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
whenever i see it i get tempted to take a whack at it and tear it down and customize it.
its a slippery slope, addicting for sure but also rewarding. the first piece I customized was my wolverine comiquette ex, an expensive piece but now its my version and one of one. maybe start with something less expensive till you build up the confidence to tackle ms. marvel
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 03:46 AM   #2365
thecollector80

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
its a slippery slope, addicting for sure but also rewarding. the first piece I customized was my wolverine comiquette ex, an expensive piece but now its my version and one of one. maybe start with something less expensive till you build up the confidence to tackle ms. marvel
for sure.
Old 06-02-2015, 06:08 AM   #2366
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
What's Psylocke fetching now anyway?
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:05 AM   #2367
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

For one that has the common error about 750 USD
http://www.bluray-disc.de/forum/user...ml#post4583720
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 05:32 PM   #2368
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

For Everyone that owns this or has owned this statue, which head do you perfer to display her with? Im a little torn between the 2. Also for those who had the statue, do they all start to lean over time and has anyone seen leg cracks appear months/years after they got it?

Thanks for help, trying to decide if the Ex is worth getting (tough to tell not seeing in person, Im leaning toward reg head atm) and if leaning and legs cracks will be an issue even if i get piece without those issues currently.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 05:46 PM   #2369
Danchez
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
For Everyone that owns this or has owned this statue, which head do you perfer to display her with? Im a little torn between the 2. Also for those who had the statue, do they all start to lean over time and has anyone seen leg cracks appear months/years after they got it?

Thanks for help, trying to decide if the Ex is worth getting (tough to tell not seeing in person, Im leaning toward reg head atm) and if leaning and legs cracks will be an issue even if i get piece without those issues currently.
I actually prefer the regular portrait; I think she looks slightly more beautiful than the Ex. Here's a side-by-side a pic to help you decide:

Danchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 05:50 PM   #2370
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danchez View Post
I actually prefer the regular portrait; I think she looks slightly more beautiful than the Ex. Here's a side-by-side a pic to help you decide:

Thank you so much, I have been looking for something like this online for quite a while. I do like the regular face better.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote