Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-02-2023, 12:42 PM   #13381
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Whispery voice: Psssst, Sideshow, Batgirl 23/24 Middleton variants.

#brokenrecord

bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 02:23 PM   #13382
Destroyous
Justice League

Anyone else’s new Bane breaking Batman’s back print look a whole lot darker than it does on the website? I did get the canvas version. My first canvas print so do those tend to come out darker than paper ones?
Destroyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 02:41 PM   #13383
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyous View Post
Anyone else?s new Bane breaking Batman?s back print look a whole lot darker than it does on the website? I did get the canvas version. My first canvas print so do those tend to come out darker than paper ones?
I have a few Sideshow canvas prints and they seem to be the correct shade of brightness (compared to the site pics anyway), so I don't think the medium has anything to do with it...could just be an issue with that particular print. Hopefully someone with the Bane print can chime in.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 04:24 PM   #13384
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Has anyone had a metal print for a while? How does it hold up being exposed to the elements? Any paint coming off or discoloration at this point? Considering another print and might jump to the metal variant as long as they actually hold up.

Edit: NVM. Found a video on YouTube discussing them. Sounds like they're quite durable and last a lifetime. Made the plunge and bought the new Poison Ivy print on aluminum. What a beautiful work of art. It looks mesmerizing.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 11:35 PM   #13385
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
Has anyone had a metal print for a while? How does it hold up being exposed to the elements? Any paint coming off or discoloration at this point? Considering another print and might jump to the metal variant as long as they actually hold up.

Edit: NVM. Found a video on YouTube discussing them. Sounds like they're quite durable and last a lifetime. Made the plunge and bought the new Poison Ivy print on aluminum. What a beautiful work of art. It looks mesmerizing.
I love mine, but i can't say I've had it for a long time. Maybe 2 years now? I keep my room pretty dark anyway since it's not the only art in there. Still it's a nice style, cleaner and sleaker. Good to know they're that quality though.
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 10:03 AM   #13386
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyous View Post
Anyone else?s new Bane breaking Batman?s back print look a whole lot darker than it does on the website? I did get the canvas version. My first canvas print so do those tend to come out darker than paper ones?
I bought a catwoman canvas about 2 years ago, had to return it as it was so different from the pictures on their site, I.e. too dark, not enough contrast to see anything etc.

Bought the framed giclee instead - I think they have a problem with dark prints on canvas
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 10:57 PM   #13387
Destroyous
Justice League

Yeah I’m thinking about that. Like the whole background with the coin and t-Rex is so dark
Destroyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 07:10 AM   #13388
Kamxam
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Have had my Vampirella metal print for a few years and it still looks good. But it's not in the light either though so that probably makes a difference some.
Kamxam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 10:06 AM   #13389
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamxam View Post
Have had my Vampirella metal print for a few years and it still looks good. But it's not in the light either though so that probably makes a difference some.
Do you feel like the metal print has as much detail as the other options? I've seen one of them online (Magneto) and it doesn't have the shading detail and the colors are darker. But every other one I've seen looks pretty good.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 11:15 AM   #13390
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I have three HD metal prints, and I love them. I have the Massafera Trials of Magneto (classic X-Men), the Mystique and the Spider-Woman. They're gorgeous.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote