Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 06-30-2018, 09:42 PM   #231
qz33
Doctor Doom

Maybe a redesign at SDCC?

Hopefully they been working that Spider too...
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:49 PM   #232
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Hopefully he isn't the last Gremlin
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 06:32 PM   #233
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranz View Post
Hopefully he isn't the last Gremlin
Would be great if we got a Daffy, Lenny and George Gremlin down the line.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 07:14 PM   #234
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Would be great if we got a Daffy, Lenny and George Gremlin down the line.
Not at these prices.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:24 PM   #235
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'd love those to be made too but it was very expensive for Gizmo ...I wonder if a bust could be made to scale of diff characters similar size too Gizmo
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:55 AM   #236
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

As cool as the gizmo piece is with the melted gremlin, The hair work was poorly done and mine was missing fur and glue patches everywhere. REALLY crappy application and I had a low edition too. I paid $2000usd for this because of the melted gremlin and I was going to sell my HOWARD STUDIOS custom version I have. SOOO glad I didnt. Steve did a great sculpt, but he didnt do the final product, CHINA did. If steve had done it, it would be done to perfection.

Howards piece when side by side looks so much more real and the fur is done amazingly. Its so bad, I want to send it back, but I fear I will pay return shipping and more border fees only to get another one with shaddy workmanship. Im still keeping it, but If I didnt have such a HUGE gremlin custom collection, I would get rid of it and save up for the MOHAWK as that will have no fur and be bad ass and big and VERY EXPENSIVE , at least 3 grand USD plus shipping.

Turn that into cdn, your looking at almost $4000cdn plus 5 to $600 in duties and taxes. So Something that costs around $3000usd today when buying a statue from states, turns into almost $5000 cdn after shipping, taxes, duties and conversion. When the dollar was almost par about 3 years ago, collecting was affordable.

I know what Im talking about because When I got my Batman 1:2 prime 1 statue in, that was $2100 plus $250 shipping. So that turned into $2350USD which at the time came to just shy of $3000 and then I paid $585cdn in duties and taxes. So that $2000usd statue turned into almost $3500cdn!!!! I have all 4 and thank god they had no problems or paint smears or breakage. Got my WW in finally, my sisters step daughter stayed over with my sis(she was 14) She stayed in my sons room where I have all these statues, took down the hand that holds the real steel sword so she would not hurt herself or break it. I placed it gently down and said dont touch and ill put it back when you leave. They were on there way to africa. 2 days later I go up to the room and find a little one inch note by 3 inches of torn paper saying" I WAS ADMIRING THE SWORD, I WENT TO PUT BACK AND IT FELL, SORRY". I look down and there is the hand and handle broken off from the sword.

I almost sh*t myself as I JUST got it after waiting over 2 years and $3500 later. She did not tell me, my sister or her father and thought she would get away with it. What a lack of respect todays generation have. I took it down specifically so this would not happen. Now I have a broken statue that Sideshow would not replace because its not there fault. I have a statue I cant sell at full value in future if I want, its lost its value and has to be sold as damaged goods and if it wasnt my sister, I would be demanding they buy me a knew one. Sometimes I hate family. My sister said well it must of been an accident. UM NO, because if she hadnt touched it like she was told, none of it would happen.

THEN my sister thought I was lying about how much the statue cost. Actually asked for a print out of reciept for statue, like that was going to make a difference. I bought this stuff when I had money, but divorce has made sure I cant afford anything now. I work to pay bills and debt. SOOOO mad, but being a collector and cdn is BS in the end. Im sure it is the same for fellow collectors over seas, probably worse with shipping.

SO what do I do, I have to eat it because its family, which is not right. NOW I hate that little disrespectful lying Bit*h. My 7 year old son follows better rules than this 14 year old girl who spent the whole night farting as loud as she could and steanking up my place and thinking it was funny and waving it at her dad and me. NO respect!!!! Sorry for the rant, it just kinda happened. Bottom line, these statues are costing me a fortune and they either get broken or come damaged in some way or shaddy workmanship. I really wonder if George would change out the gizmo. I should at least ask. Sorry guys for rant.
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 04:57 PM   #237
ottorino
The X-Men

Sorry to hear ,my gizmo has none of the issues you have mentioned the fur is really well done on mine.
ottorino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 10:02 PM   #238
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

They said they dont have any more to exchange, yet the site says there are still a few in stock? They want pictures to see if its "FIXABLE"? Do I risk it, paying to ship away and get back something worse and paying more money when it shows they still have some for sale? Not liking this response. Not for $3000 cdn!!!
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 12:43 AM   #239
ottorino
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCurly View Post
They said they dont have any more to exchange, yet the site says there are still a few in stock? They want pictures to see if its "FIXABLE"? Do I risk it, paying to ship away and get back something worse and paying more money when it shows they still have some for sale? Not liking this response. Not for $3000 cdn!!!
If you are not happy with it I go for the refund,sounds like yours is pretty bad.
ottorino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 06:05 AM   #240
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCurly View Post
I'm pretty sure they won't cover the return shipping or any additional costs.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote