Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-22-2023, 07:35 AM   #4861
Halcyon
Loki

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PivotRyder View Post
The head tilt was addressed shortly after the announcement. They axed it when they began displaying the closed mouth on the statue in their show room. I'd have to find the guys channels name but he talked to Prime 1 and they told him it was changed to make him look forward.
Very strange decision.
as i mentioned before, the tilt was selling point and many ppl ordered bcs of this particular movie look/vibe.

Due to reactions on FB i have the feeling Mr. Johnny Matsumoto from Prime1 interferes unnecessarily with design while the emphasis for him should be on quality control (implementation and enforcement). He also confirmed that the last-minute Alien Warrior's 'tail change' (more straight upwards) was his personal decision. Ppl place PO due to design and promo pictures, you don't drastically change the outcome last day..
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 09:54 AM   #4862
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
His box clearly says it is NOT the bonus version. Did you watch the vid?
Remember : He’s a well known scammer. His styrofome trays had empty space for dxs parts. Looks like he removes it
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 10:06 AM   #4863
MK Ultra
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Yep, you never know. Is he still on here, what was his name on here? There's a guy "Xenomorph" did a really nice review on this in 4K.
MK Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 10:29 AM   #4864
rjtvfx
Doh!

Don't know why they would package it with teh semi open unmasked portrait at the bottom which seems to be the one breaking for people, should have put gort mask there in it's place
rjtvfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 10:31 AM   #4865
Lugnuts
Birdman

I wish I could have room and money for this. But knowing me I’d want to take this into the woods to take pictures, which probably wouldn’t end well lol.
Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 10:50 AM   #4866
Patriot666
Birdman

As if P1 wouldn't know that he didn't actually order the Bonus version, and send him the extra pieces...lol. Doesn't sound like a scam, more like P1 screwed him over, even if unintentionally. They've focused on quality control with their statues, but still need to improve on their package design and order fulfillment processes. I'm heavily considering cancelling because if and when I sell, I don't want to have to deal with breakage in transit to the buyer. What a nightmare that would be, when the outer box has no damage to claim with the shipping company. It's not that I plan to resell it, but with something this expensive I weigh all possible risks. I'm still debating because this piece does look freaking awesome.
Patriot666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 11:08 AM   #4867
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjtvfx View Post
Don't know why they would package it with teh semi open unmasked portrait at the bottom which seems to be the one breaking for people, should have put gort mask there in it's place
That's exactly what I was thinking. The package engineering decision was flat out dumb with the head compartment placements. Why can't they stick some extra cushioning around them either?
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 11:41 AM   #4868
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
Remember : He?s a well known scammer. His styrofome trays had empty space for dxs parts. Looks like he removes it
Prime 1 doesn't use different trays for different editions. My standard City Hunter had a space for the disc hand even though it wasn't included. His box also says DX with an edition size of 500, rather than DXS with an ES of 999.

The man is a tool, but I don't think he's messing around in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Very strange decision.
as i mentioned before, the tilt was selling point and many ppl ordered bcs of this particular movie look/vibe.

Due to reactions on FB i have the feeling Mr. Johnny Matsumoto from Prime1 interferes unnecessarily with design while the emphasis for him should be on quality control (implementation and enforcement). He also confirmed that the last-minute Alien Warrior's 'tail change' (more straight upwards) was his personal decision. Ppl place PO due to design and promo pictures, you don't drastically change the outcome last day..
The head tilt looked especially good on the bust. Shame.

Not a fan of his Warrior tail repositioning either. I get what he was trying to replicate, but now the tail is perfectly in line with the torso which isn't as aesthetically pleasing.

If he wants to change something, he should replace the spaceship base on the City Hunter with an alleyway or penthouse environment.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 11:49 AM   #4869
SDguy

Seeing the flexibility of the dreads in the videos makes me doubt I'll be able to heat/adjust them to add a bit of volume to the overall look, and have it stick. That material looks like it definitely has memory. But I'll still give it a go. If anyone does it first, please share your steps and results.

I get what people are saying about the slight head tilt, but at the end of the day, I don't want him looking upward, at this size. Besides, it's not like he's actually in the pose during that close up, closed mouth scene. So this is a non issue for me.

Where the head is packed in the styrofoam really isn't the issue for breaks, it's how much wiggle room the head has, if there is a styro edge that gets hit during that wiggling, and the lack of soft foam packing/surrounding the mandible
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 11:56 AM   #4870
Patriot666
Birdman

Should switch to XM style black foam packaging.
Patriot666 is offline   Reply With Quote