Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-01-2021, 12:33 AM   #241
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

here are the rest of the pictures without focusing on the broken piece. put her head is kinda scary because of her hair. if you put the head on the body like normally you do with any statue, it wont fit. you have to gently bent the hair tips to make it fit. there are two issue with it. first the hair seem fragile and if you not careful enough, you can snap it. second you have to watch for her back, otherwise you can scratch her back paint with the edges of the hair. beside that i found a smaller detail issue. though if you look from far away, you wont notice it. while i was noticing her pain on the body, i saw a line of gap between her underwear and but. which kinda made it look ugly only if you look closely. but rest of the details were great as usually from prime 1. lol they even made and painted her nipple which i didn't expect. you can see that in the last picture

rest of the pictures are here https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...w5?usp=sharing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210331_195522.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	249.1 KB
ID:	138125   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210331_200746.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	264.2 KB
ID:	138126   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210331_201435.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	277.3 KB
ID:	138127   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210331_201558.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	138128   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210331_201647.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	138129  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210331_201933.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	138130   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210331_201953.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	138131   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210331_202140.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	138132   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210331_202745.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	344.7 KB
ID:	138133   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210331_210946.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	138134  

ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 02:22 AM   #242
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivory7777 View Post
here are the rest of the pictures without focusing on the broken piece. put her head is kinda scary because of her hair. if you put the head on the body like normally you do with any statue, it wont fit. you have to gently bent the hair tips to make it fit. there are two issue with it. first the hair seem fragile and if you not careful enough, you can snap it. second you have to watch for her back, otherwise you can scratch her back paint with the edges of the hair. beside that i found a smaller detail issue. though if you look from far away, you wont notice it. while i was noticing her pain on the body, i saw a line of gap between her underwear and but. which kinda made it look ugly only if you look closely. but rest of the details were great as usually from prime 1. lol they even made and painted her nipple which i didn't expect. you can see that in the last picture

rest of the pictures are here https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...w5?usp=sharing
Yup, attaching the portrait and having to bend the hair feels risky.

Eye positioning is 100% different to my Reika. Your Reika appears to be looking directly forward, which better than my Reika.
I just had a quote in to fix the eye's = hair $150 + p&p

Edit: I just noticed. You have Reika white. For a moment i was wondering why her mouth is closed? ..which also explains why she is looking forward, and not to the left.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 02:26 AM   #243
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
final manage to inspect everything and took some pictures. these are the picture of the broken piece. the painting and everything about the statue is great except for this piece. you think prime one can help me replace the piece, i never had an issue with them so not sure how to approach this matter. does any one know how they deal with this kind of things?
With a break like that, i would return it have them replace it.
Old 04-01-2021, 02:52 AM   #244
ivory7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
With a break like that, i would return it have them replace it.
ok i will try to contact them. what worries me is that beside the broken collar, everything including the painting is great on this piece. i hope the replacement piece doesn't have a paint issue. i hear from few people who gotten it, had paint issue on her body and hair. plus my friend scared me a bit. he said that he had to replace his geralt statue 3 times when ordering from prime1. first one had a paint issue, the replacement they sent came to him a broken. so he had to go through replacement again.

also you found some one who can fix your statue? probably in UK? $150 to fix the eye and paint the hair, normally is that how much it cost? kinda expensive. im trying to find some one in NY or in US who can fix/paint some of the statue that i couldn't get replacement.
Old 04-01-2021, 03:30 AM   #245
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
ok i will try to contact them. what worries me is that beside the broken collar, everything including the painting is great on this piece. i hope the replacement piece doesn't have a paint issue. i hear from few people who gotten it, had paint issue on her body and hair. plus my friend scared me a bit. he said that he had to replace his geralt statue 3 times when ordering from prime1. first one had a paint issue, the replacement they sent came to him a broken. so he had to go through replacement again.

also you found some one who can fix your statue? probably in UK? $150 to fix the eye and paint the hair, normally is that how much it cost? kinda expensive. im trying to find some one in NY or in US who can fix/paint some of the statue that i couldn't get replacement.
I could get the paint fix done in the UK cheaper. For amazing results there is a company in South Korea, but they charge.
If you did not want to have your piece replaced, the only option is the glue the broken part back into place.
Old 04-01-2021, 03:48 AM   #246
ivory7777

Quote:
I could get the paint fix done in the UK cheaper. For amazing results there is a company in South Korea, but they charge.
If you did not want to have your piece replaced, the only option is the glue the broken part back into place.
ah i see, thanks for the info. i will see if they have a replacement piece. if they dont, i'll try to glue it and paint it myself. good thing is that it is under her neck so if i do a poor job on painting, it wont show.
Old 04-01-2021, 06:36 AM   #247
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
ah i see, thanks for the info. i will see if they have a replacement piece. if they dont, i'll try to glue it and paint it myself. good thing is that it is under her neck so if i do a poor job on painting, it wont show.
I cannot imagine how that piece broke?
The packaging is decent enough, and everything is wrapped up.
Old 04-01-2021, 07:20 AM   #248
ivory7777

Quote:
I cannot imagine how that piece broke?
The packaging is decent enough, and everything is wrapped up.
that is the weird thing, the body was well packed and this piece was broken but it was in right side of the box in the little compartment (place where you have those small packets that keeps the moisture away). i don't know how it got in there. you don't think it was broken in the factory and they just placed it in? everything was perfectly wrapped that just made me questioned.
Old 04-01-2021, 10:23 AM   #249
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
that is the weird thing, the body was well packed and this piece was broken but it was in right side of the box in the little compartment (place where you have those small packets that keeps the moisture away). i don't know how it got in there. you don't think it was broken in the factory and they just placed it in? everything was perfectly wrapped that just made me questioned.
Sounds like who ever packed it knew they had broken something.
Old 04-01-2021, 05:03 PM   #250
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

This is a great looking piece...of course if you get it without issue. I was debating the white versus black and and the more I see white I just think she's fighting in panties. I like the white portrait but thinking for me black fighting bikini is the way to go.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote