Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 12-04-2005, 09:25 PM   #11
bigjohn550
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood49
I'm pretty sure that my busts came from Diamond. A dealer that I occasionally use got his from them I believe. That was a couple of weeks ago. I've already sold both of them. I ordered these months ago when I thought I might collect a few busts, and he doesn't allow cancellations. I managed to pretty much break even by selling them, though.

This bust is actually OK in person. I thought the pics looked weak, but the helmet looks good up close, IMO.

I would think you would get yours any day now.
This is a pretty nice bust. The only thing is is that its bigger than the first Vader bust. I don't know if the actual suit from Ep3 was bigger than the suit from the original trilogy but the bust sure is bigger.
bigjohn550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 03:03 PM   #12
jdonoho
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I believe most places have shipped, but I know Marz is still shipping Vader busts...may be 2nd or 3rd waves...not sure, but they are still shipping them. Diamond is fast on some stuff, but apparently GG ain't one of them from the way things sound.
jdonoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 01:23 AM   #13
JR2
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdonoho
I believe most places have shipped, but I know Marz is still shipping Vader busts...may be 2nd or 3rd waves...not sure, but they are still shipping them. Diamond is fast on some stuff, but apparently GG ain't one of them from the way things sound.
It depends. Diamond had Yoda over a month ago, but haven't shipped Vader yet (it's not on this week's ship list either). Diamond also got majorly allocated on the Sandtrooper.

Can anyone with a Diamond account ask their rep what the deal is with this piece? The delays are ridiculous.
JR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 02:12 AM   #14
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish
i'm still waiting for mine.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:28 PM   #15
Tattoo-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR2
It depends. Diamond had Yoda over a month ago, but haven't shipped Vader yet (it's not on this week's ship list either). Diamond also got majorly allocated on the Sandtrooper.

Can anyone with a Diamond account ask their rep what the deal is with this piece? The delays are ridiculous.
It just so happens that I emailed my rep yesterday.
This is his reply:

We are still waiting for our shipment of the Darth vader mini bust to come in. As you know, the item carries a caution 4 which states all pricing content and shipping information is tentative and subject to change.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:03 PM   #16
JR2
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoox
It just so happens that I emailed my rep yesterday.
This is his reply:

We are still waiting for our shipment of the Darth vader mini bust to come in. As you know, the item carries a caution 4 which states all pricing content and shipping information is tentative and subject to change.
Yep, typical Diamond. He told you nothing. Which means that particular peon knew nothing.

I've got a friend that works for Diamond. I wasn't going to bother him with this, but now I think I will.

I'll let everyone know if I discover anything.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:03 PM   #17
patrickwm68
The Flash

My local shop didn't get it yet and it's been out a while so I picked it up on eBay for $35.00.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 07:23 PM   #18
JR2

Ok. Here's the word from my friend at Diamond. The Ep. III Vader bust is expected to ship during the next three weeks (12/14,12/21/12/28). Unfortunately, he didn't have anything more specific.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:54 PM   #19
JR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR2
Ok. Here's the word from my friend at Diamond. The Ep. III Vader bust is expected to ship during the next three weeks (12/14,12/21/12/28). Unfortunately, he didn't have anything more specific.
Ok, according to Midtown Comics, the Ep III Vader bust ships from Diamond this week. (12/21)

About time!
Old 12-17-2005, 03:55 PM   #20
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Yeah, they are on our invoice for next Wednesday as well.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote