Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-20-2018, 06:36 PM   #101
bwestley13
Birdman

There is just enough room for a smaller base Harley. So it looks like i for a spot for the Joelle Jones one.

bwestley13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 06:58 PM   #102
MissRoMayo
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
Guess what happen to my harely?
I was looking at her today and blew a speck she had on her face and part of the eye just flaked off..I'm so upset

Just look at that eye!!

Attachment 112404

I emailed them and hope they will respond

part of the eye flaked off?! Oh my word I'm really sorry to hear that!

Don't worry though as they're really fast at resolving issues. They sent the replacement out before mine had even reached them and it will be here in two days.

(Seriously though, why couldn't the head have been a separate piece!)
MissRoMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 07:10 PM   #103
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissRoMayo View Post
It's a tough market with picky collectors. Some people love single solid pieces because assembling a statue makes it "feel like an action figure". However, single solid pieces have a huge drawback, which is that if any part of it breaks, the whole thing has to be replaced.

C'est la vie, lol.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 07:43 PM   #104
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:

Don't worry though as they're really fast at resolving issues. They sent the replacement out before mine had even reached them and it will be here in two days.

Yes they are fast to reply. I got my return label, the only problem I'm having is that we here in NY is due for another nor’easters tonight arghhhh!!! into tomorrow morning but I'm crossing my fingers that it isn't that big, or perhaps that's more like wishful thinking on my part. Oh well call me
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 07:44 PM   #105
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
It's a tough market with picky collectors. Some people love single solid pieces because assembling a statue makes it "feel like an action figure". However, single solid pieces have a huge drawback, which is that if any part of it breaks, the whole thing has to be replaced.

C'est la vie, lol.
Yes, I can understand the makers pulling out their hairs for it...Imagine you trying to please everyone. That's not happening oh well, but I'm glad I'm able to obtain a replacement for this gem of a statue!!
Old 03-20-2018, 08:12 PM   #106
bwestley13
Birdman

Quote:

That is really nice that they sent out a replacement right away. I am currently dealing with a Sideshow replacement of their Hell Priestess. I received it 3/5, emailed them with pics right away. They sent me a return label 3/8, took it to the UPS store 3/10. I got another email on 3/16 saying they will send out a new one within 3-5 business days.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:18 PM   #107
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwestley13 View Post
That is really nice that they sent out a replacement right away. I am currently dealing with a Sideshow replacement of their Hell Priestess. I received it 3/5, emailed them with pics right away. They sent me a return label 3/8, took it to the UPS store 3/10. I got another email on 3/16 saying they will send out a new one within 3-5 business days.
At least they are sending you a replacement instead of not even responding...don't you think?

Remember they might be short staff in CS, and there might be a lot of incoming calls/emails with all sort of complaints and what have you. Just always look at the bright side of things .
Old 03-21-2018, 12:45 AM   #108
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

paint chipping problems aside, the only thing I'd choose as a "negative", if you can call it that, is the yellowing effect. Were they going for an old, worn photo look?
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:13 AM   #109
shaithis77
Doh!

The "yellow" is from the print this is based on.
shaithis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:56 AM   #110
bwestley13
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
paint chipping problems aside, the only thing I'd choose as a "negative", if you can call it that, is the yellowing effect. Were they going for an old, worn photo look?
Yeah seems to be a sepia tone. It is fairly subtle, at first I thought mine was overly done because I didn't really notice it in other pictures. Once I stopped looking for defects it was like it wasn't there. Under the lights in my case it's almost invisible.

Out of the 12 Harley pieces I have, Mondo's is my favorite. The dreamy look portrait was the selling point for me. I like the hand drawn look of some of the features. I think they really nailed the body portions in a realistic transition from Timmverse version (small/medium chest with larger hips/ass)