Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:11 PM   #1972
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Josh ...why even bother??
It's like tick or when you see something out of place.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:37 PM   #1973
pokritz17
Hydra

forps works for SS, confirmed
pokritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:40 PM   #1974
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokritz17 View Post
forps works for SS, confirmed
Actually, he's a disgruntled former XM employee.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:02 PM   #1975
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
That makes little to no sense, 3-4 inches tacked onto the figure makes him like 9ft. - 10ft. tall, which Bane is not. These are scaled still, so Bane is listed at 6'8" tall. SS Bane is crouched and on about a 1 and 1/2 inch base and stands 23" to the top of his head. That makes him an Estimated 23 and 1/2 inches tall for the figure (adding the crouch back in and subtracting the base) which in scale is about 7'8"-7'9". So he's already over sized to compensate for Batman and adding any more would make him ridiculous. If you add 3-4 inches to the base it's just pointless.

If you really need him Above Batman, put him on a riser and be done with it.

wait no, Excellent post!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:27 AM   #1976
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
Nailed it.

Although this Bane PFF is going to be sought after (its a Martin Canale piece, you know), it isnt the ULTIMATE Bane. It needed 3-4 inches height-wise to seal the case. To become the grail of grails. It needed to DWARF Batman PFF. Yes, we know, we know, that height does not equal size or girth, but you know my example of Arnold and Danny DeVito with Arnold sitting down and Danny standing up. NO fear, zero intimidation. The moment Arnold stands up and TOWERS over Danny, case closed. So HEIGHT for human perception PLUS MUSCLES = Fear = a villain to be afraid of. This is the nature of humans and their perception of fear.

Nevertheless, the sculpt is marvellous and its going to appreciate in value. Easilyyyyy......And as a DC-junkie (we, true geeks, have always been mainly DC-junkies, DC > Marvel easily), i POed this. I need it for my collection.
no.... it's an outstanding post!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:41 AM   #1977
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
no.... it's an outstanding post!
LMFAOOOOOO! you're such a loser
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:42 AM   #1978
Empracollector
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Just got my tracking number...can't wait
Empracollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:55 AM   #1979
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

You simply dont get it. I have this Bane POed. I admit that he is going to APPRECIATE in value. Nevertheless, it isnt the ULTIMATE Bane.

Prime1 has Pablo Viggiano working for her. Lets assume she hires Jerry (PCS's owner) to sculpt a comic(not the horrendous, plastic looking, video game based Banes she now sells) Bane 1/3 or even 1/4. Jerry is smart enough and he will have him standing straight. Can he top this Bane ? EASILYYYYYYYY......Making him 3-4 inches taller and having 2 sculpts next to each other, 99% of guys would think..."Wow, Sideshow's Bane is good, but look at Jerry's for Prime1. He is a monster. The bigger one is the ULTIMATE representation."

Ahhh and if i wanted to nitpick, the tank top should have been mixed media, NOT fully-sculpted. His pants are great, the tank top doesnt look good. Cheapens the whole statue being full-sculpt. Its atrocious. PERIOD. No further discussion.
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:00 AM   #1980
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
You simply dont get it. I have this Bane POed. I admit that he is going to APPRECIATE in value. Nevertheless, it isnt the ULTIMATE Bane.

Prime1 has Pablo Viggiano working for her. Lets assume she hires Jerry (PCS's owner) to sculpt a comic(not the horrendous, plastic looking, video game based Banes she now sells) Bane 1/3 or even 1/4. Jerry is smart enough and he will have him standing straight. Can he top this Bane ? EASILYYYYYYYY......Making him 3-4 inches taller and having 2 sculpts next to each other, 99% of guys would think..."Wow, Sideshow's Bane is good, but look at Jerry's for Prime1. He is a monster. The bigger one is the ULTIMATE representation."

Ahhh and if i wanted to nitpick, the tank top should have been mixed media, NOT fully-sculpted. His pants are great, the tank top doesnt look good. Cheapens the whole statue being full-sculpt. Its atrocious. PERIOD. No further discussion.
I totally agree! Superb post! Saves me so much typing.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote