Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-14-2011, 06:34 AM   #21
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
Sadly I agree, but I'm hoping WB are being sneaky with the trailer and sucking the popcorn munchers in and then changing the movie completely, it's happened before.
Yeah I hope so too, I have strong love for GL as well.
Before i saw any footage, i had much higher hopes for the film.
But the more I think about it the more I see Martin Campbell as a bad director, I'm not sure he has it in him.
Royale had an overall strong staff, to me that project wasn't his all his doings.
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:52 AM   #22
isildur heir
A day without sunshine is like... night.

From the point view of Europeans
I think that the most succesfull movie will be xmen, after all it will be the fifth movie so the franchise is really familiar. The franchise like captain america and green lantern have poor chances to succeed in Europe, GL is quite unknown character here and CA is not special popular as in US. Thor from these origins could have chance but I dont know if people pass through the heart that is not clearly fantasy movie, thor in desert fighting with some big giant robot is strange and the black norse god especially Heimdall known as White Ás is nonsense.
isildur heir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:59 AM   #23
rychehitman
Galactus

I think X-Men might rule the roost when all is said and done just because of the name.

I think Thor is going to top Cap, and GL is going to be another Green Hornet.
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:54 AM   #24
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

I haven't seen you around before; welcome to the forum.

I definitely can see how the CA film wouldn't do as well overseas, and the Thor and GL movies would possibly suffer similar fates.

Nice post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildur heir View Post
From the point view of Europeans
I think that the most succesfull movie will be xmen, after all it will be the fifth movie so the franchise is really familiar. The franchise like captain america and green lantern have poor chances to succeed in Europe, GL is quite unknown character here and CA is not special popular as in US. Thor from these origins could have chance but I dont know if people pass through the heart that is not clearly fantasy movie, thor in desert fighting with some big giant robot is strange and the black norse god especially Heimdall known as White Ás is nonsense.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:31 AM   #25
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Box office wise I think that GL may do the best as it has the biggest star and the character has had more mainstream exposure over the last few years than Thor. Cap, as stated, will suffer internationally. X-Men is hard to read but the last two movies didn't inspire audiences and without Cyke, Wolverine and Storm I am curious to see it's appeal.

The one "X-Factor" may be timing; Thor could quite possibly clean up as it is coming out of the gate first and there as been a massive dry spell for comic/fantasy/action movies as of late save Battle for Los Angeles. The other films will have alternative offerings like Transformers and each other eating into their respective box-office
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:23 PM   #26
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Box office wise I think that GL may do the best as it has the biggest star and the character has had more mainstream exposure over the last few years than Thor. Cap, as stated, will suffer internationally. X-Men is hard to read but the last two movies didn't inspire audiences and without Cyke, Wolverine and Storm I am curious to see it's appeal.
Totally agree. You have to take into account that Ryan Reynolds is by far the biggest leading actor. I can see how GL can look cheesy to some but a lot of non fanboys are going to see it. It's the only one my wife will come to see with me. I'm sure I'm not alone on that.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:40 PM   #27
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Judging solely by how impressed I was with the trailers:

Thor (all the trailers have kicked ass)

X-Men ( wasn't expecting much at all and the trailer actually impressed me. Had no plans to see the movie until I saw the trailer. )

Green Lantern: sorry, I know people say that is how Hal acts but from my very limited reading of him, it just doesn't seem right. And definitely do not like the new costume look.

Captain America: Sorry, I know some people liked the trailer. It showed some cool snippets but it was put together kinda badly. They need to come out with a powerful trailer like Thor.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:30 PM   #28
06gto
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

No doubt, Thor's trailer kicks gluteus maximus !
06gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #29
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
Captain America: Sorry, I know some people liked the trailer. It showed some cool snippets but it was put together kinda badly. They need to come out with a powerful trailer like Thor.
Well they had to cramp it up for the 30 seconds super bowl spot. But yeah the full trailer needs to be better.

The full trailer will be released later this month. Of course there are reports saying that it will be attached to Thor, but that would be too late as the full trailer was already shown at a recent movie expo in Russia.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:28 PM   #30
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

They will have their work cut out trying to sell Cap in Russia.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote