Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-16-2019, 03:16 AM   #291
ukshaun
Hercules

By not getting this means i could pre_order the Sideshow Catwoman EX PF lastnight. And there's change to put towards either HMO Felicia (depending on how that turns out) or SS Domino or SS Starfire (depending on how production pieces turn out). I also have change, as i passed on the recent PCS Laura, which was a major disappointment. Maybe Prime 1 will create Laura as part of their Street Fighter line?

The XM SW looks good. It's so annoying to know how much better it looked before they spent months making it look worse???

Besides i just discovered:
Ships to: Brunei Darussalam , Hong Kong , Indonesia , Malaysia , Philippines , Singapore , Thailand

- that's me out

/guess there's always ebay at a later date.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 04:35 AM   #292
Kessiah
A day without sunshine is like... night.

There is two pieces from XM that are hard to catch on 2d pictures but they are stunning to see in person : Scarlet Witch and Iceman. The work on the paint on both on this statue really need you to see them in person.

Two pieces that are incredible to look at in 3D, turn around.

For example, the flow of the red cape is just stunning. The different shades of red are amazing to look at.
Kessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 01:23 PM   #293
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessiah View Post
There is two pieces from XM that are hard to catch on 2d pictures but they are stunning to see in person : Scarlet Witch and Iceman. The work on the paint on both on this statue really need you to see them in person.

Two pieces that are incredible to look at in 3D, turn around.

For example, the flow of the red cape is just stunning. The different shades of red are amazing to look at.
I haven't seen it in person yet, but i like what ive seen from the start. Everything else added is a plus in my eyes. I like the shades of red they are using and the headsculpts. I did not hesitate to arrange a pre-order on this.
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 07:37 PM   #294
ukshaun
Hercules

I'm till thinking about this piece. I find the closed mouth portrait pretty good. Not as good as the original preview, but pretty good.

There is a company offering it for sale with a payment plan for £985.00 (SGD $1670.00) which is SGD $571.00 more than XM charge. 20% import would be added to the XM price, which amounts to about SGD $220 (taking the XM price to SGD $1319). On top of this there is postage. Singapore - UK on a 10.5 Kg piece in a large box is going to cost a fair bit. The UK company fails to mention postage cost (maybe it is included in the price?).
Old 07-31-2019, 07:31 AM   #295
CWalker
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula009 View Post
But maybe we'll get lucky and she will get a second set of arms without the power.
I agree, the power rings are a minus to me.

Look "toy-ish".
CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 02:22 AM   #296
ukshaun
Hercules

Today is the day - September 10th, cut off time for XM's MTO Scarlet Witch pre_order.

In the end, at the last moment, i decided i wanted Scarlet Witch
Ordering direct from XM wasn't an option, a 3rd party contact was required. I'd like to say thanks to those that contacted me to offer to order the piece on my behalf. In the end i found the ideal individual.

Scarlet Witch will represent my 2nd XM piece. Sure, i'm not keen on the power rings, or the teeth portrait, but everything else looks great. I've wanted this piece since it's first reveal

I'll be displaying this portrait come Q2-3 2020
Old 09-10-2019, 01:20 PM   #297
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Today is the day - September 10th, cut off time for XM's MTO Scarlet Witch pre_order.

Ordering direct from XM wasn't an option, a 3rd party contact was required. I'd like to say thanks to those that contacted me to offer to order the piece on my behalf. In the end i found the ideal individual.

Scarlet Witch will represent my 2nd XM piece. Sure, i'm not keen on the power rings, or the teeth portrait, but everything else looks great. I've wanted this piece since it's first reveal

I'll be displaying this portrait come Q2-3 2020
Nice! At first sight i wanted this as well,, hopefully we wont have any regrets!
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:47 PM   #298
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
Nice! At first sight i wanted this as well,, hopefully we wont have any regrets!
XM have a history of delivering great results.

I wonder how many pieces will be made in total?
XM appear to be quite slow to update this info in their website.
Old 09-10-2019, 02:26 PM   #299
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

Same, not a fan of the rings and not even sure what expression she's suppose to be making on that teeth portrait lol not to mention the neck looks truncated.

2nd portrait aside i was a huge fan of this statue when i first saw it but over time (for me) its lost a lot of its luster.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 02:31 PM   #300
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Same, not a fan of the rings and not even sure what expression she's suppose to be making on that teeth portrait lol not to mention the neck looks truncated.

2nd portrait aside i was a huge fan of this statue when i first saw it but over time (for me) its lost a lot of its luster.
(total guess) The teeth portrait and the rings were possibly necessary to get SW through the licencing process. I've grown to like the reworked non teeth portrait. The rings might look better in person. I doubt clear resin rings would have looked any better. All in all, i like the piece almost as much as i liked it when it was first shown. The original portrait looked amazing. The reworked portrait doesn't look too different.