Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-13-2018, 09:03 AM   #1
demonhunter
Kingpin

Artstorm Heavy Metal Series Tetsujin 28 Action Figure

Coming soon. ETA January 2019.
Die Cast metal parts except head and hands. Light up feature. Articulated joints.
35cm tall.

Did you know Tetsujin Nijuhachi Go was first created as a manga 1956 by Mitsuteru Yokoyama. He also created Giant Robo.Tetsujin 28-go was serialized in Kobunsha's Shōnen Magazine from July 1956 to May 1966, for a total of 97 chapters. The series was collected into 12 tankōbon volumes, which are re-released every ten years.

When I was growing up, this was one of the vintage classic robots I knew. Tetsujin Nijuhachi Go.
I only found out when I was an adult there was an even earlier Tetsujin 28. The older version of him was rounder and fatter. The one I watched as a kid was the 80s cartoon that redesigned him as slimmer and fitter.
Tetsujin doesn't have any characteristics. He is basically a robot that is controlled by Shotaro Kaneda, a 10 year old kid who inherited the robot from his scientist dad. As you know, it was the 80s, so there was no wifi and smartphones, Shotaro controlled Tetsujin with what looked like a radio controller with 2 joysticks.

https://youtu.be/ff-gLpgjDn4
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote