Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 10-18-2018, 03:33 PM   #231
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the sixth View Post
This is the piss poor quality on my female T-rex bust.
Look at how they attached and 'worked in' the lower jaw!!!Just plain awful.

Spoiler

blemishes

chipped tooth

Oh man, that's truly awful. I would ask for at least a partial refund if i were you, where did you ordered it?

Seams aren't exactly great on mine either, but not even remotely as sloppy and invasive and the texture on them is completely different.. what's that sample's number?
VickPS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:20 PM   #232
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

I ordered it from my LCS.This is going straight back from where it came and I don't want another specimen.This is a 1000 EURO bust here in the EU and completely not worth it.Now that I've seen the low quality in hand,paintjob and all,I'm done with CC.First the massively plagued breakout rex,now this.I gave it another try thinking CC would have learned from their misstakes,but no...oh well.
Doesn't bode well for future products me thinks.

this is n° 253/300 (if I'm reading it correctly cause the 5 doesn't really look like a 5,lol)
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:07 PM   #233
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

It look terrible and not at all like mine. What a pity.
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:29 PM   #234
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Sorry to see the dud, Phil the Sixth. Doesn't look anything like mine either.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 01:49 AM   #235
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

These can really have wide variations in quality, not sure why the factory allows QC people who work there to ok some of these for shipping. Chronicle will make it right, just contact them.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:43 AM   #236
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the sixth View Post
I ordered it from my LCS.This is going straight back from where it came and I don't want another specimen.This is a 1000 EURO bust here in the EU and completely not worth it.Now that I've seen the low quality in hand,paintjob and all,I'm done with CC.First the massively plagued breakout rex,now this.I gave it another try thinking CC would have learned from their misstakes,but no...oh well.
Doesn't bode well for future products me thinks.

this is n° 253/300 (if I'm reading it correctly cause the 5 doesn't really look like a 5,lol)
Sorry to hear about the problems you've experienced with this piece. I thought CC stated they will be diligent about their QC and will not allow the same ruckus that plagued the breakout rex release. Oh well, I will not be buying any products made by CC moving forward. Their QC is too inconsistent to warrant the over inflated prices they're asking.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:40 PM   #237
daz1999
Mephisto

If I were Paul I’d see if I could strike a deal with Prime 1 to use their factories, whoever they are using are way too inconsistent
daz1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 04:39 PM   #238
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz1999 View Post
If I were Paul I’d see if I could strike a deal with Prime 1 to use their factories, whoever they are using are way too inconsistent
With the avalanche of P1 stuff coming out, they probably can't keep up with their own pieces.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 12:21 AM   #239
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
Oh man, that's truly awful. I would ask for at least a partial refund if i were you, where did you ordered it?

Seams aren't exactly great on mine either, but not even remotely as sloppy and invasive and the texture on them is completely different.. what's that sample's number?
Oh boy. Get a sharpie and play connect the dots...or make a design? Get some value out of those dots! Lol, so bad. Sorry man.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 02:53 AM   #240
daz1999
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
With the avalanche of P1 stuff coming out, they probably can't keep up with their own pieces.
Yeah good point, they need to do something though, with all the choice we have these days I’m finding less reasons to go with CC , I love some of their stuff but I’ve got no confidence they’ll get the paint right unfortunately

Last edited by daz1999; 10-20-2018 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Typo
daz1999 is offline   Reply With Quote