Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 11-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #501
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batminator View Post
For this system to work in the heat of the moment, you'd need a system that remembers shipping address, card details etc. We'll never be able to secure a piece if we have to enter all the info on the spot
If everyone has to enter the info then its still fair
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:38 PM   #502
woozie0
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumalove View Post
I fully understand, but I feel more comfortable with this:

Others may feel different, it's just my opinion
Christina
Understood
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
I agree. I think the minute you click on the order button and it goes into your cart it should be temporarily reserved. You should then get 10 minutes to complete your order and fill out all the correct details. Then, once you pay, your order/reservation is confirmed officially. I've seen this on a lot of websites (I think Amazon does it). Jerry?
Ya I like these systems. Ticketmaster uses it.
woozie0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #503
Batminator
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
If everyone has to enter the info then its still fair
The errors in shipping address, card details etc. would be a lot higher, causing grief, because people rush to complete.
Batminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #504
Awesome
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
The errors in shipping address, card details etc. would be a lot higher, causing grief, because people rush to complete.
So what other option is there? People here think the e-mail lottery is unfair and now the cart system is also. Some people here want open editions like what Sideshow is doing with some of their products but as we all know here it hurts the brand.

The e-mail system is fine the way it is but since they can't handle all of the orders over time since they are going to be handling more statues in the future the same system that Sideshow uses should be fine. A 25% deposit at order confirmation should be good enough, the 3 payment option being used right now should be stopped since it would cause too much confusion.
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:30 PM   #505
Batminator

I never said the cart system was unfair. Read the companion posts first next time

My suggestion was to have user accounts where this sort of info is stored, exactly like Sideshow and most other online stores.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #506
Loops
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
For this system to work in the heat of the moment, you'd need a system that remembers shipping address, card details etc. We'll never be able to secure a piece if we have to enter all the info on the spot
Have you never heard of autofill?! I'm pretty sure all browsers have this feature...
Loops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:31 PM   #507
Awesome
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
I never said the cart system was unfair. Read the companion posts first next time

My suggestion was to have user accounts where this sort of info is stored, exactly like Sideshow and most other online stores.
I never mentioned that you did.
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #508
Batminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loops View Post
Have you never heard of autofill?! I'm pretty sure all browsers have this feature...
You're right. But this won't help the first time, and neither will it help if you run certain security software. The user account is a better choice, and should be easy to implement on PCS' new website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
I never mentioned that you did.
My mistake then It certainly appeared that way when you quoted me, and then stated "So what other option is there? People here think the e-mail lottery is unfair and now the cart system is also". 'Now' must've referred to my sentence that you quoted.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #509
Loops
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
You're right. But this won't help the first time, and neither will it help if you run certain security software. The user account is a better choice, and should be easy to implement on PCS' new website.

My mistake then It certainly appeared that way when you quoted me, and then stated "So what other option is there? People here think the e-mail lottery is unfair and now the cart system is also". 'Now' must've referred to my sentence that you quoted.
Actually auto fill works on the types of fields it supports (Name, address etc...) whether you've been to a website before or not. You just have to enable autofill in your browser settings and after you've entered that information for the first time, auto fill will use it elsewhere. All I have to do is type my name or the start of my address and autofill does the rest. I've yet to have security software stop this from working.

That aside, I think an account and cart system is the fairest way to go. It's how all other web stores work.

Last edited by Loops; 11-28-2012 at 11:09 PM. Reason: edit
Loops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:29 AM   #510
akumalove
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
I will never be able to get those same prices from FedEx.
Wait some years from now with the business model you started by selling directly from your WS and you will be able
Christina
akumalove is offline   Reply With Quote