Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 11:24 PM   #41
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post
Erick, so does this mean you will advise them in the sculpting process and hopefully bring the future SYCO Collectibles sculpts to the next level, so we don't have another fiasco like the original Rain?
Actually I am working out a simple contract that should be reviewed this week, and signed by both parties as to make it 100% official. Technically due to them being a small company still, they cannot have me work for them other than to tweak some of their portraits, and that is it. As for art direction I am already helping them out on that end and will be for a while, it is my hope that the new product will be even more pleasing to the eye, They have quite a few cool things cooking, I am just honored to be able to help them this way, and hopefully other artists in the near future.

Moving forward and as they develop more and better product, and more Licenses become part of their catalog, then we can start bringing in some very good talent that can help us improve the overall quality, we can always do better right?
They know I have my own thing going and have been very understanding of this, so my aid is limited somewhat, but very focused on improving everything all around.
Hopefully in the future things will look brighter for everyone, and you guys can get the best kick butt product we can make!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:36 AM   #42
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

just read the apology to Chris on syco's website.
but this statement is very vague. and really makes it sound like Chis was the one who sculpted your Lou Ferrigno sculpt Jonathan.
stop pussy footing around the issue Jonathan and have who ever is making the statement or apology on your site and explain that your sculpt was a copy of Chris'. your not making it clear to why your apologizing to him. yes i said word your apology in a way that wasn't detrimental to your company. but tell the GD truth.

here is the part of your statement on your site and the apology to Chris that is up there now.'

"We would also personally like to aplolgize to Chris regarding the events of the Lou Ferrigno Sculpt. Chris is a very talented sculptor and this statue proved that.

As everybody who has been onto Statue Forum and The Club House knows. We have spoken to Chris directly and hope we can all move on and learn from this insident."

You need to word it a differently to prove that you are truly sorry for what you did. your making it sound again that you did nothing wrong. and are avoiding the truth.
how about wording it something like this. ..

"We would also personally like to apologize to Chris regarding the events of the Lou Ferrigno Sculpt. and for making a huge mistake on trying to duplicate his magnificent sculpt of Lou Ferrigno. we were put in a difficult position and had to make a rash decision. one that we wholeheartedly regret. Chris is a very talented sculptor and "His" statue proved that.

As everybody who has been onto Statue Forum and The Club House knows. We have spoken to Chris directly and hope we can all move on and learn from this incident."

that is a sincere meaningful apology. the man deserves it. and doesn't deserve you making it sound like he had anything to do with or was the one who sculpted your or is connected with it in any way but the fact that you copied his. why cant you tell the damn truth?

Eric. dont you think that they should word it differently? do you really believe that what is on their site right now is a significant apology to Chris and what they did? seems to me there is some absence of truth to it and it is misleading whoever read it that Chis was the sculptor of theirs and that they are apologizing for it not being produced. thats how i would perceive it if i was someone looking on their site not knowing what happened in the forums.. not everyone is a member of these forums..
hopefully you'll have a talk with Jonathan and make him be more specific in his apologetic statement to Chris and be clear about why they are apologizing to him. its only right man. and you said you would make sure that they would. not just on their website but on their FB page as well. both truthful apologetic statements should be post at both places.

i really thought that they would do the right thing. but it seems to me that its just more of the same old thing. Avoidance.

ya know i was ready to move on. but i cant until a truthful apology is posted on their website and FB page just as i demonstrated above.
you need to be truthful about it and let people know why your apologizing to Chris Jonathan. do you really think that what you posted is acceptable?

Last edited by DynamicMenace; 01-30-2013 at 11:03 AM. Reason: reason for not moving on yet.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #43
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
ya know i was ready to move on.

Do everyone a favor and please do.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:23 AM   #44
DynamicMenace

i see that you changed your wording Jonathan on your site.
so i commend you for that. excellent!

http://www.sycocollectibles.com/cont...s-announcement

i now know that your an honest man. and you truly are trying to right your wrong.
looking forward to seeing it on your FB page as well.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:24 AM   #45
jonathan-syco
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
just read the apology to Chris on syco's website.
but this statement is very vague. and really makes it sound like Chis was the one who sculpted your Lou Ferrigno sculpt Jonathan.
stop pussy footing around the issue Jonathan and have who ever is making the statement or apology on your site and explain that your sculpt was a copy of Chris'. your not making it clear to why your apologizing to him. yes i said word your apology in a way that wasn't detrimental to your company. but tell the GD truth.

here is the part of your statement on your site and the apology to Chris that is up there now.'

"We would also personally like to aplolgize to Chris regarding the events of the Lou Ferrigno Sculpt. Chris is a very talented sculptor and this statue proved that.

As everybody who has been onto Statue Forum and The Club House knows. We have spoken to Chris directly and hope we can all move on and learn from this insident."

You need to word it a differently to prove that you are truly sorry for what you did. your making it sound again that you did nothing wrong. and are avoiding the truth.
how about wording it something like this. ..

"We would also personally like to apologize to Chris regarding the events of the Lou Ferrigno Sculpt. and for making a huge mistake on trying to duplicate his magnificent sculpt of Lou Ferrigno. we were put in a difficult position and had to make a rash decision. one that we wholeheartedly regret. Chris is a very talented sculptor and "His" statue proved that.

As everybody who has been onto Statue Forum and The Club House knows. We have spoken to Chris directly and hope we can all move on and learn from this incident."

that is a sincere meaningful apology. the man deserves it. and doesn't deserve you making it sound like he had anything to do with or was the one who sculpted your or is connected with it in any way but the fact that you copied his. why cant you tell the damn truth?

Eric. dont you think that they should word it differently? do you really believe that what is on their site right now is a significant apology to Chris and what they did? seems to me there is some absence of truth to it and it is misleading whoever read it that Chis was the sculptor of theirs and that they are apologizing for it not being produced. thats how i would perceive it if i was someone looking on their site not knowing what happened in the forums.. not everyone is a member of these forums..
hopefully you'll have a talk with Jonathan and make him be more specific in his apologetic statement to Chris and be clear about why they are apologizing to him. its only right man. and you said you would make sure that they would. not just on their website but on their FB page as well. both truthful apologetic statements should be post at both places.

i really thought that they would do the right thing. but it seems to me that its just more of the same old thing. Avoidance.

ya know i was ready to move on. but i cant until a truthful apology is posted on their website and FB page just as i demonstrated above.
you need to be truthful about it and let people know why your apologizing to Chris Jonathan. do you really think that what you posted is acceptable?
Hi, Yes ok it is a little vague... I respect that have changed it on our website now.. I will try to get it don on our facebook site today, but for sure tomorrow..... Thank you and best, Jonathan
Old 01-30-2013, 11:24 AM   #46
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
Do everyone a favor and please do.
yup i will now that they did what they said they would.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:34 AM   #47
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan-syco View Post
Hi, Yes ok it is a little vague... I respect that have changed it on our website now.. I will try to get it don on our facebook site today, but for sure tomorrow..... Thank you and best, Jonathan
i commend your for your honestly Jonathan.

and for that i wish you luck in the future man.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #48
jonathan-syco
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
i commend your for your honestly Jonathan.

and for that i wish you luck in the future man.
Thank you and honesty is the best policy.... Let hope we can please you with our future products..... Thanks again and best, Jonathan
Old 01-30-2013, 12:23 PM   #49
dark_spidey
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Syco, I consider you cool in my book now!

Looking forward to your products
Old 01-30-2013, 12:54 PM   #50
Underdog07
Hercules

What? The mother of the adopted Siamese twins is actually the arch bishop who had a sex change?
Closed Thread