Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 08-22-2014, 09:01 AM   #31
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
On a $2,000,000 sale, Ebay fees are $250. I'm sure Heritage would be more than that.
Not to mention the $390,000 buyer's premium!
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:42 PM   #32
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I just don't like eBay that much anymore. I always find tons of good stuff on Heritage and other auction sites.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:02 PM   #33
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

I saw it go down, and God was it exciting.

Sold for:
US $3,207,852.00

Yes, a comic book just sold for over 3.2 million
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:02 PM   #34
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Don't normally sit and watch ebay auctions I'm not bidding on but that was actually fun to watch :-)

I'd guesstimated it would end up at $3m so wasn't too far off.

Impressive stuff!
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:04 PM   #35
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I saw it go down, and God was it exciting.

Sold for:
US $3,207,852.00

Yes, a comic book just sold for over 3.2 million
Old 08-24-2014, 09:08 PM   #36
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

It was amazing to watch those last few seconds and see that huge jump from $2.7 million.
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:10 PM   #37
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Soooooo

Who bought it!??????
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:11 PM   #38
Bobfrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrothy View Post
It was amazing to watch those last few seconds and see that huge jump from $2.7 million.
hell yeah, that was cut as close as you can get.

Wonder if they used an auction sniping service? dont know if I'd rely on one for something that important. Mind you, they could always manually bid before and then rely on it as a backup as it wouldnt bid if you're already the top bidder.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:54 PM   #39
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I don't even get sniping anymore. If you really want an item on eBay you bid. You can wait to the last 20 seconds if you want but you still put in your maximum real bid. Snipers just try to get something they might want at a low price and hope the other people don't really want it enough.

If snipers were on this auction and I put in 5 million chances are I would have won while they were bsing around in the 3 and 4 million range.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:17 PM   #40
Bobfrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
I don't even get sniping anymore. If you really want an item on eBay you bid. You can wait to the last 20 seconds if you want but you still put in your maximum real bid. Snipers just try to get something they might want at a low price and hope the other people don't really want it enough.

If snipers were on this auction and I put in 5 million chances are I would have won while they were bsing around in the 3 and 4 million range.
Lol...without derailing the thread that's some strange logic you have there...sniping is bidding. Just because you use a sniper service doesn't mean you want the item any less or more.

Sniping can save you considerable amounts of money as:
a) you put in a limit and don't let the excitement get to you (I know from personal experience that I decide on a limit, place the bid and then whilst watching in the last minute I see I've been outbid and I'm like "NO, dammit I need this, I can up my max bid a little can't I?" so I bid again.
b) and vice versa it stops others bidding against having the chance to also get carried away when they are being out bid in the last minute and they decide to up what they had previously set as their max.

I don't think people just sit there and snipe things whilst crossing their fingers that other people want something less
If anything they are just hoping the other people bidding have less money spare than they do.

As for the logic on your theoretical 5m bid, well yeah I'd imagine you probably would have a good chance of winning as thats $$1.8m above the final sale price. Doesn't really have anything to do with them using a sniping service or not.