Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-05-2017, 03:27 PM   #31
Fremen
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
No one is being disrespectful do the artist's vision. They are stating their own subjected point of view of the art they see.
This. Exactly.
I never said I dislike it. It's just not the kind of piece I look for in this line. Doesn't mean it's bad. I just don't want it. I like this line for the dark gothic beautiful stuff. I skipped Red Death because I don't find it beautiful in anyway.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:53 PM   #32
grphyx1
Kingpin

Loric what is going on with you. You are being a bit preachy and antagonistic. Fremen merely said it doesn't fit in with the other COTD statues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
AS you should but my comment wasn't about what you should buy. It's about respecting the creator's vision...whether you like it or not.

This is coming from a person's own creative ideas and for someone else to tell him / her what should or should not be a part of his vision is pure arrogance.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:53 PM   #33
Sathis
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I am almost wondering if the Maquette title is just coming from the fact that he is HUGE in comparison to the other brutes in the universe.

He might be a towering titan of a character, and if in PF form he would have been gigantic compared to the rest as well as $$$$ at that size.

He is VERY basic compared to the rest, but I like the idea of a Pale skinned brute being next to my Gethsomi as he bodyguard if that is his true purpose. I always love companion pieces if they both fit together.

I am excited to see possible the details in the base, and what is below his waist. He could be VERY demonic looking in the legs which will give him a nice amount of detail, and extra flair to fit in with the rest of the line.
Sathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:57 PM   #34
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
This looks a lot like a certain World of Warcraft piece I have.
to me could be a character from God of War Game
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:42 AM   #35
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
This. Exactly.
I never said I dislike it. It's just not the kind of piece I look for in this line. Doesn't mean it's bad. I just don't want it. I like this line for the dark gothic beautiful stuff. I skipped Red Death because I don't find it beautiful in anyway.
I am the same way.
I have no interest in this big guy. He looks cool, but won't get him.
Love the rest of the Court though.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:14 AM   #36
lucifixion
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

And this certainly wouldn't be the first time an "artist" lost their way a little. It happens all the time. I don't actually feel one way or the other about this one specifically.
lucifixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:56 AM   #37
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I'm a court fan so enjoy seeing any new piece. I will be skipping this one though
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 11:15 AM   #38
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Oddly enough, this is probably the piece I'm most interested in for the Court of the Dead. This and Cleopsis.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 11:28 AM   #39
SONICobra
Batman

edit: nvm
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 11:45 AM   #40
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I love the COTD line but i do choose my pieces from it carefully, i don't buy pieces just because its part of the line.

This looks good but i don't know if a hulking brute will fit into the rest of the line, super interested to see it though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Loric what is going on with you. You are being a bit preachy and antagonistic. Fremen merely said it doesn't fit in with the other COTD statues.
I was not attacking Fremen for her collecting choices...nor DeadGhostKnight. People collect what they want to collect...I respect that.

I was initially responding to what I highlighted because how can anyone outside of the Original Creator of this unique IP know what fits in and what doesn't? It appears a lot of thought has gone into this line, and to just dismiss the character because he looks too "orcish" is a bit presumptuous IMO.

Keep in mind...I'm not talking about what one collects...hell...I don't have any of the CotD (due mostly to QC issues), but who am I to say what should or should not belong or fit to another person's vision?

Comments in this vein just rub me the wrong way.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote