Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 11-28-2019, 05:55 AM   #41
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
As I mentioned on the Optimus thread, just be aware that PCS has not strictly speaking used paints to imitate the cell shading effect.

If it’s anything like their Optimus, every square inch of every single panel from head to toe is covered in a thin decal.
Interesting...so it's not completely paint. That makes me think twice on this, to be honest...where'd you read this? Nvm...reading the optimus thread. Yeah...money saved. I wonder if Diamond Select is doing the same with their animated x-men busts.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 07:03 AM   #42
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Interesting...so it's not completely paint. That makes me think twice on this, to be honest...where'd you read this? Nvm...reading the optimus thread. Yeah...money saved. I wonder if Diamond Select is doing the same with their animated x-men busts.
I was wondering the same thing, but unlike the Transformer pieces there are a lot more curves. For example are the abs sculpted or are they flat with the decals creating the effect?
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 02:42 PM   #43
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
As I mentioned on the Optimus thread, just be aware that PCS has not strictly speaking used paints to imitate the cell shading effect.

If it’s anything like their Optimus, every square inch of every single panel from head to toe is covered in a thin decal.
good to know, thanks.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 02:56 AM   #44
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
I was wondering the same thing, but unlike the Transformer pieces there are a lot more curves. For example are the abs sculpted or are they flat with the decals creating the effect?
I'm thinking they're sculpted...I hope they're sculpted.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 04:58 PM   #45
rga321
A day without sunshine is like... night.

pre ordered today....bring on the rest of the crew
rga321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 06:27 AM   #46
red_ant
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.

We do not use decals. The cell shading is a combination of paint and water slides. This is the most expensive and time consuming paint job we have ever done. I could’ve just made these a regular metallic paint job and saved a ton of money and time. But, that’s not what we wanted. We wanted to do something never done and that brings back my beloved 80s transformers. Also abs are sculpted.
red_ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 12:27 PM   #47
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_ant View Post

We do not use decals. The cell shading is a combination of paint and water slides. This is the most expensive and time consuming paint job we have ever done. I could’ve just made these a regular metallic paint job and saved a ton of money and time. But, that’s not what we wanted. We wanted to do something never done and that brings back my beloved 80s transformers. Also abs are sculpted.
Thank You on the clarity on this!!!! Love my Optimus Prime. Hopefully Soundwave is coming soon.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:28 PM   #48
rga321
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I applaud PCS taking chances and trying something new and unique. Of course i have not seen any of the Transformer line in person....yet
rga321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 10:16 PM   #49
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_ant View Post

well that's a horse of a different cel shaded color...
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 10:53 PM   #50
red_ant
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
well that's a horse of a different cel shaded color...
I see what you did there.....and I love it. Lol
red_ant is offline   Reply With Quote