Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-26-2024, 10:01 PM   #7591
Predatorfreak13
Frackin!

It took about 8 months longer to receive my predator than others in the US when I ordered through SC.

I always got a quick reply when asking about delivery updates, but I was told "next month" for about 4 months straight, and then "2 more weeks" for 2 months straight lol.

So if you are ok with that wait I would say they are a safe bet.

I'm likely not going to go through them again unless they have a great deal because of the wait and false hope of "1 more month" for months on end. That really was a killer. My friend ordered P1 Ripley from SC and has had the same experience.
Predatorfreak13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 10:24 PM   #7592
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
That's pretty much my feelings overall. Sure it's not perfect, but it's still damn good! I guess you could attach the extra quills they provided and use them to glue on the thighs if you want right?
Oddly mine never came with the extra pack of quills. I was ok at first because my mind was absolutely blown away by the statue lol.

But over time, am thinking those extra quills could have come in handy!
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 10:46 PM   #7593
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000 View Post
I have a question for anyone here that ordered through Secret Compass...how would you grade your experience? Were you happy? Satisfied? Disappointed?

I'm thinking about pre-rdering a Prime 1 statue from them, but it doesn't appear it'll arrive until sometime later this year. I went through this thread and read some of the replies from people that ordered through SC. It was a bit hit or miss.

Some people seemed to have longer wait times than others. Sounds like it was supposed to arrive for customers around the Fall of 2023, but some didn't get their statues till around Christmas, and others were waiting past January (I don't recall if they did or didn't receive their statue).

Anyway, just curious to know what others felt about SC.
They are great if you are patient. Getting the statue and any parts if needed can be an excruciating wait. It used to be a nice savings where it was well worth it, but now that he isn't offering free shipping it ends up costing close to the same as direct anyway and you wait an average of a year longer than others.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 05:33 AM   #7594
VILE GUILE
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Oddly mine never came with the extra pack of quills. I was ok at first because my mind was absolutely blown away by the statue lol.

But over time, am thinking those extra quills could have come in handy!
Well damn, that figures. That's not the 1st time Prime 1 forgot to pack accessories. They forgot my medkit with the bust. Crap happens I guess. At least you didn't need them to fix one's broken off.
VILE GUILE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 07:15 PM   #7595
SparkyMW
Doh!

I just signed up for the waitlist on Sideshows website. Is there any chance it comes available?
SparkyMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 10:30 PM   #7596
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyMW View Post
I just signed up for the waitlist on Sideshows website. Is there any chance it comes available?
Which version?
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 11:39 PM   #7597
SparkyMW
Doh!

I signed up for both versions.
SparkyMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:02 AM   #7598
cigaro
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyMW View Post
I signed up for both versions.
My waitlisted on the DX converted some time ago but I passed on it so maybe theres a chance for you as well
cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:49 AM   #7599
pro design
Frackin!

so i've got a small jbl go 2 speaker that fits perfectly behind the tree out of sight... so i mixed up a couple sound bytes to add some dramatic effect to the statue! one for the masked and one for the unmasked. when i turn the setup on, i have it set to fire up when the lights come on! pretty good for an unsuspecting fool walking into the room! lol

did a couple close ups of the custom mac skull, hopper tags and mac's flask in the video for those wanting to see them on the statue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHlay0hgNgg
pro design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:49 PM   #7600
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro design View Post
Ha, I dig it...Alan Silvestri did a great score. The additional trinkets look good!
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote