Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Artist's Alley

Old 11-10-2010, 07:42 AM   #1
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

1st Annual Make A wish Auction by local LCS

Hello members of SF. I just wanted everyone to know about a project my local comic store is going to do this year. They are going to hold an auction for comic related items such as sketches, pages, statues, lithos etc. and donate ALL the profits to the Make a Wish Charity. The shop and everyone that is going to assist in putting this together will not keep any of the money.

We are asking though for donations for this event for things to auction. when we where talking about this I thought of the good folks here at SF and perhaps some of you may have a piece or two you really do not want, like or whatever. We will be giving receipts for all donations after the auction for the realized price the item received for tax deductions.

The Make a wish is a charity that gives wishes to terminal children. These typically run about $8,000 a child. It is our goal to be able to help with at least one full wish. that is where you come in.

If you want to know a bit more about the shop holding this http://www.thecomicconspiracy.com/ here is the link. We are trying to get this put together by early December in order to be able to make a wish happen for a child for Christmas.

If you feel generous and want to donate please either contact me via PM or go ahead and send your donation to the shop (address is on their web site). Put a note in there with it telling them the item or items are for the auction, give us your real name and address as well as your SF handle. Once the item is auctioned they will send you the receipt for your taxes if you want one.

They will start posting Auction items on the web site after thanksgiving and there will be a place to register for the auction for an on-line or call in type of thing.

It is hoped that this can become a yearly auction and we in the comic community can assist kids that really need something nice in their lives.