Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-28-2023, 03:20 AM   #21
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
"that the second season will follow The Last of Us: Part 2 game, just as the show's first season is based on the original The Last of Us game (later rebranded as Part 1)."

Nice! I'll be curious if this is it for the show then as only two games. If it does well enough HBO might want to explore the tLoU world more.
Can't wait to watch the unaware normies cry out in pain as Abby strikes Joel (Neagan style). They must suffer as I suffered.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 03:06 PM   #22
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Can't wait to watch the unaware normies cry out in pain as Abby strikes Joel (Neagan style). They must suffer as I suffered.
With Pascal's charisma I think TV Joel could be more loved than game Joel.

I'll be curious how people feel about Joel's actions and decision at the end of season one.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 02:52 AM   #23
SickleClaw
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Everyone who watches for Pedro Pascal will quit at that moment I feel.
SickleClaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 12:02 PM   #24
Augen
Metal Men

Spoilers for game and show.

Episode three surprised me as a game fan. I never expected to get Bill and Frank's back story. It felt sweet in how people try to obtain the good thing in this grim bleak world.

People like Bill and Joel see the world as it is, hostile, cruel, brutish. Frank and Ellie see it for what it can be, filled with beauty and wonder. The latter need protection and the former need hope.

I think the most divisive aspect in adaptation is deviation. In the game Frank dies and Bill lives on, his paranoia and lonlieness consuming him as we meet him. In the show Bill has those attributes, but Frank changes him to see value in more than surviving and he elects to join him in having one last good day together.

It is really the best people can hope for in the dark world of The Last of Us.

As for our main two. There are some great scenes like Ellie seeing a crashed plane wreckage and thinking how insane it was that people went in the sky and Joel finding it ho hum about middle seats boring experience. Ellie reading Bill's note and getting to Tess bit cuts through Joel was great as well. Getting the truck and Joel just sees an old poor pick up and Ellie sees a space ship and doesn't know what the term "seat belt" means.

Deeply emotional episode that felt sort of like a pause in the plot to flesh out character and story. My expectation next week is...things are going to be rough and having action piece.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 12:35 PM   #25
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Last night's episode was terrific!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 02:51 PM   #26
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

The whole show is just so well done, despite some of the changes.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 03:21 PM   #27
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Director: this week's episode will be about the crew looking for the battery at the school. Cool zombie fights ensue. A bunch of stuff that adds to the story will happen as well.

HBO: *smacks director* No, this week's episode will be a detour to Brokeback Mountain. And we will change the character that dies.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 04:57 PM   #28
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Fantastic episode, so well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Ellie seeing a crashed plane wreckage and thinking how insane it was that people went in the sky and Joel finding it ho hum about middle seats boring experience. Getting the truck and Joel just sees an old poor pick up and Ellie sees a space ship and doesn't know what the term "seat belt" means.
I like this, it's fun to see Ellie be fascinated by things we take for granted...she still has the occasional sense of awe and wonder, even in a post-apocalyptic wasteland.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 10:17 PM   #29
Wizard
Justice League

The show is getting correct the most important adaptation piece - Joel and Ellie’s relationship. I’m curious if either actors watched/played the games because their interpretations are spot-on.

I did not mind the exploration of Bill and Frank’s relationship that is only hinted at in the first game. I do, however, miss in the show what would have been the fun interactions between Ellie and Bill, as presented in the first game.

Regardless, the show seems it will provide greater exploration of secondary characters. Can’t wait to see Henry, Sam and David. The Ellie and David relationship is tense, scary and brutal.

Loving the show, and most assuredly will be playing the game again once the first season wraps.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 04:08 AM   #30
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Ellie freaking out when she sees the Mortal Kombat II arcade game, describing what she heard about Mileena
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote