Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 05-27-2013, 12:20 AM   #21
dccowen
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Rob, Great summation of your weekend. Looks like a success for you as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher129 View Post
Great haul! That was a crazy price Neal Adams quoted you. I don't think he even looks at fan for less than $50...
Neal Adams was kind of a dick. $10 for a signature, and all he did was ----- about the cos-players. "They don't do anything but walk around. The don't shop."
dccowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:35 AM   #22
MrYac
Hercules

not gonna lie rob, disappointing story. you started it off by saying your buddy is on meds to control his rage so I was totally expecting something like his pills got lost at luggage claim and he had a full on hulk rage out
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:59 AM   #23
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dccowen View Post
Neal Adams was kind of a dick. $10 for a signature, and all he did was ----- about the cos-players. "They don't do anything but walk around. The don't shop."
dan, i think you misread his signs. i think the pics were $10 and the sigs were $20. same difference, really. he didn't give us the time of day, too busy eating some noodles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
not gonna lie rob, disappointing story. you started it off by saying your buddy is on meds to control his rage so I was totally expecting something like his pills got lost at luggage claim and he had a full on hulk rage out
ryan, i totally calmed the storm a few times. he was ready to "punch the CGC guy in the throat". ive known Vince for a long time and have always been able to handle him. one of my closest friends. he was fired up when Frank Cho took 2 hour lunches and that Kevin Eastman was sketching for everyone in front of him in line. he was talking mad sh!t about Cory Walker right in front of him. granted it was because the guy has dogged me for over a year about a commission, but, still. not embarrassing but difficult to deal with. like i said though, i can handle him. we joke like crazy about all kinds of stuff. one of the 4 or 5 friends i have that I've known for over 15 years, id do just about anything for him. he's a great con companion and we are looking into making a guy trip to either ECCC or Heroes next year.

sorry the story didn't work out the way you wanted. ha.

speaking of Vince. while in the Rooker line the second time, some stupid chick in front of us asked Vince to hold her hat while she got a hug and pic with Rooker. i had Vince put on her hat for fun. so funny.

Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:02 AM   #24
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
sorry the story didn't work out the way you wanted.
heh, I was kidding rob. i'm glad you guys had a good time and that no throats were punched
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:13 AM   #25
Simplyrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
heh, I was kidding rob. i'm glad you guys had a good time and that no throats were punched
for sures.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #26
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Glad you had a great time, Rob. Sounds like we should put Vince in front of the table that has Jason Craig & Jason Statham sitting at it.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #27
Simplyrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Glad you had a great time, Rob. Sounds like we should put Vince in front of the table that has Jason Craig & Jason Statham sitting at it.
Funny. Vince was there with us when Statham snubbed us those many years ago at the Omni at SDCC. Throw Cory Walker at that table and call E.M.S.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #28
Frank
Death is hereditary.

That is one sexy hat!
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:45 PM   #29
Landroid
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Yeah, I got my Adams sig for $5. And, I think, that's fine as that merely stops guys coming up to him and just dropping a smallbox in front of him to just sign everything. Hell, a few years ago, Carmine Infantino was charging $20 for sigs.
Landroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:47 AM   #30
TheORKINMan
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Neal just isn't my cup of tea. Dude is quite frankly full of himself. I'm not going to presume to tell him how he should value himself, but his peers/superiors in the industry do not seem to have the same practices as him.
TheORKINMan is offline   Reply With Quote