Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 01-19-2009, 02:55 AM   #11
khazano
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Ive got all the originals to ASM #33 by Romita JR

But, in terms of modern art, Bill Woo takes the cake owning all the Jim Lee pages to X-Men 1
khazano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:57 AM   #12
Royd
Producer
Producer

Two good friends of mine own a number of complete books - not surprisingly, both are comic art dealers

I got to see some of the complete books when I stayed with each of them after San Diego. It was weird to think that I was reading a comic book by reading the complete original art from the book! Best,

Royd
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:41 AM   #13
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

I am trying to get all the pages to the first comic book I ever bought, Incredible Hulk #170. I only have three pages. I know another collector who has five of the pages and am just waiting for him to part with them. Its going to be a long road.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:10 AM   #14
lebon
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khazano View Post
But, in terms of modern art, Bill Woo takes the cake owning all the Jim Lee pages to X-Men 1
Not anymore. The X-men 1 and X-force 1 complete books have moved on to new families.

I'm trying to complete a book and it can be frustrating for so very many reasons. 22 of 35 pages complete for a 35 year old comic, but I don't think I'll be successful because of the sheer amount of time that has passed since publication.

Sadly, as people found out, the games really began. And, of course, the Donnelly's have at least one page.
lebon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:04 PM   #15
khazano
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebon View Post
Not anymore. The X-men 1 and X-force 1 complete books have moved on to new families.

I'm trying to complete a book and it can be frustrating for so very many reasons. 22 of 35 pages complete for a 35 year old comic, but I don't think I'll be successful because of the sheer amount of time that has passed since publication.

Sadly, as people found out, the games really began. And, of course, the Donnelly's have at least one page.
He got rid of the X-Men too?! Damn. The know the guy who bought the X-Force pages has split the book up and selling them off privately. Its tempting to buy one, but the price difference between issue #1 pages and the rest of the first 6 issue arc are massive.

And that sucks about people holding what you're collecting hostage. I dont think I'd ever advertise that I was actively looking to make a book whole for that specific reason.
khazano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:48 PM   #16
Immovable Blob
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

Once a book is split it is near impossible to reform it, especially after a long time.
I have never seen one in person but John Byrne's rep has a couple of them and the Hulk one is especially nice.
Immovable Blob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:45 PM   #17
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerNutta View Post
Technically it's not all fake spiderwoman because they switched her during the surgery so some of the book has real spiderwoman!
Not in that book.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:46 PM   #18
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
I am trying to get all the pages to the first comic book I ever bought, Incredible Hulk #170. I only have three pages. I know another collector who has five of the pages and am just waiting for him to part with them. Its going to be a long road.
I got my favorite cover, when the person died...
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:07 PM   #19
dagouch17
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

When I was an art dealer Spencer and myself sold the complete Fantastic Four Volume 2 issue 25 to a collector. I had Salvador Larroca's half and Spencer had Art Thibert's
dagouch17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:28 PM   #20
Royd
Producer
Producer

John Byrne's rep (Jim) is one of the 2 friends I mentioned above whose art collection I viewed when I stayed at his place after San Diego last year.

I also viewed John Byrne's art holdings at his home during a visit with Jim. Awesome stuff! Best,

Royd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immovable Blob View Post
Once a book is split it is near impossible to reform it, especially after a long time.
I have never seen one in person but John Byrne's rep has a couple of them and the Hulk one is especially nice.
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote