Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-15-2017, 08:55 PM   #1381
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
I can't believe you of all people fell for SS's cheap trick.
Yes the low quantity alert fooled me on this from like 6 months ago. I will be ready for my newer po’s. I learn from this.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 06:05 AM   #1382
CyborgHunter
Blue Falcon

I have seen it said on Sideshow Live that the "low quantity" alert means there are only 30 pieces left. I wonder though because I've seen pieces still available for months with a low quantity and find it hard to believe that with only 30 pieces left it hasn't sold out yet.
CyborgHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:53 PM   #1383
pokritz17
Hydra

i really like this GL, fits into my collection quite nicely...and also part of the previous wave of lower priced PF's

solid buy IMHO
pokritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 07:35 PM   #1384
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgHunter View Post
I have seen it said on Sideshow Live that the "low quantity" alert means there are only 30 pieces left. I wonder though because I've seen pieces still available for months with a low quantity and find it hard to believe that with only 30 pieces left it hasn't sold out yet.
This piece was a slow sell from the start. They had already done Hal, and he sells much more slowly than the trinity. Doesn't surprise me at all that this is taking a while.

That said, I love mine and wouldn't trade it. Its perfect for a JLA set.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:54 PM   #1385
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokritz17 View Post
i really like this GL, fits into my collection quite nicely...and also part of the previous wave of lower priced PF's

solid buy IMHO
I agree overall solid statue. I don't think it will get the effect og had but it's still a great statue.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:55 PM   #1386
Comicbookguy
Hercules

If ss made the Es At 200 to 300 total. This would have sold out by now. Hope they learned their lesson for future statues. The chrome storm trooper was very fair on the Es. Thanks ss!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:27 AM   #1387
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Errrr...I’m
A sucker for preordering this after the low quantity alert came up. I should have waited to get this 30.00 off coupon which qualifies for this and jango fett on the ex. The penalty for buying early again losing the free coupons which rewards all who waits...I’m not falling for this again. Will wait it out from now on the ex to buy later.
This is something that I think Sideshow should consider adjusting. I feel that during that first week, ALL PREORDERS should be given a $30 discount for buying as soon as the piece goes up. With the TBD, a lot of people look at it and instead of buying on impulse when they are hyped about the piece, many wait for over 1 week or longer before taking the plunge. During that time, many people also change their minds and don't bother ordering it; it has happened to me so many times now that I take the time to wait. I'm sure they would more than make up for the $30 with people who get buyer's remorse and either cancel and lose their NRD or simply buy it anyway because they don't want to lose the NRD.

REWARD your loyal customers, Sideshow. Nevermind the coupon codes, contests and the now-ridiculous 2 minute, $2 codes. Give us something that we WILL get for buying early and supporting you from day 1.

That is just my opinion; I like that PCS does something like that for their customers (but they do it even bigger and better in a way that Sideshow would never do).

For times when the EX doesn't sell-out, it is like a kick in the face to those of us that ordered right away and then ended up paying more (we didn't get free shipping or $25 to $30 off the piece).

Just sayin'...1st week should be $30 off the piece! Get us hyped and make us decide right away.
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:08 AM   #1388
ambasah
Red Skull

My view is to just wait for a deal on pretty much everything whether it's from SS or the aftermarket. I saved $67.50 on this one.

And even if it sells out just jump on the waitlist.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:47 AM   #1389
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
My view is to just wait for a deal on pretty much everything whether it's from SS or the aftermarket. I saved $67.50 on this one.

And even if it sells out just jump on the waitlist.
That is probably the best way to do it for now but, at the same time, if you don't like a piece enough to have the peace of mind of securing it, then is it really worth spending any money on at all? That is just myself personally, there are a lot of pieces that I just wait on nowadays but then realized that if I didn't care enough to grab it early on, I am not going to miss having it. Essentially that becomes the "test"...if I can wait, I change my mind and don't bother.

As such, we go back to getting an early order discount that would likely get me every single time and I'd order ones that I end up passing on because I don't want to miss the discount.
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:53 AM   #1390
krzykoopa
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaerius View Post
This is something that I think Sideshow should consider adjusting. I feel that during that first week, ALL PREORDERS should be given a $30 discount for buying as soon as the piece goes up. With the TBD, a lot of people look at it and instead of buying on impulse when they are hyped about the piece, many wait for over 1 week or longer before taking the plunge. During that time, many people also change their minds and don't bother ordering it; it has happened to me so many times now that I take the time to wait. I'm sure they would more than make up for the $30 with people who get buyer's remorse and either cancel and lose their NRD or simply buy it anyway because they don't want to lose the NRD.

REWARD your loyal customers, Sideshow. Nevermind the coupon codes, contests and the now-ridiculous 2 minute, $2 codes. Give us something that we WILL get for buying early and supporting you from day 1.

That is just my opinion; I like that PCS does something like that for their customers (but they do it even bigger and better in a way that Sideshow would never do).

For times when the EX doesn't sell-out, it is like a kick in the face to those of us that ordered right away and then ended up paying more (we didn't get free shipping or $25 to $30 off the piece).

Just sayin'...1st week should be $30 off the piece! Get us hyped and make us decide right away.
That's a really good idea actually
krzykoopa is offline   Reply With Quote