Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-14-2017, 06:27 AM   #551
French Cancan
Deadman

I have to admit that XM makes (finally) remarkable progress as regards portraits. These three portaits are magnificent, especially the portrait with this demonic expression. It is very difficult to keep the femininity and the beauty of such a character with this kind of expression, but XM did that perfectly. I qualified in the past this portrait of bad «-Medusa-like«-. I changed my mind..
For flames, on the other hand, I do'nt know. I am sceptical.
I am OK to buy ONE statue XM, and just one, because the prices in Europe are crazy. (1300 euros for this Phoenix, 1600 dollars) , and I still hesitate. Batgirl, or Poison Ivy?
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 01:42 PM   #552
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Depends on what you like i guess, you should definitely go down to an exhibition if they have the xm pieces and make up your mind there.

All 3 that you stated are relatively safe picks and have their own pros and cons.
Phoenix has some of the best portraits to date but the bird might be coming in at a weird angle.

Batgirl has an awesome mechanized outfit but her base really steals away alot of attention and you are paying a premium for the elaborate base.

Poison ivy has nothing major to nitpick about but i dont like the geisha face imo; i think the bob is a lot more natural. At that price point i would have liked to see more intricate paint application in her outfit with additional emphasis on layering the vines on her thighs or a more attractive body sculpt.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 02:21 PM   #553
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
I have to admit that XM makes (finally) remarkable progress as regards portraits. These three portaits are magnificent, especially the portrait with this demonic expression. It is very difficult to keep the femininity and the beauty of such a character with this kind of expression, but XM did that perfectly. I qualified in the past this portrait of bad «-Medusa-like«-. I changed my mind..
For flames, on the other hand, I do'nt know. I am sceptical.
I am OK to buy ONE statue XM, and just one, because the prices in Europe are crazy. (1300 euros for this Phoenix, 1600 dollars) , and I still hesitate. Batgirl, or Poison Ivy?
I was at STGCC and saw Batgirl and Poison Ivy in person. For me, it's Poison Ivy all day, every day. She is simply one of the best female statues I have ever laid eyes on. Unlike the poster above, I find the geisha (hair up) portrait to be the sexiest, most sultry and seductive portrait I've ever seen on a statue. It's a phenomenal piece.

Batgirl is very nice, too. If you want something more dynamic, she'd could be the option for you.

Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 02:32 PM   #554
nearmint
Phoenix

Couldn't agree more. Both of these ladies are must-haves for me.

Samurai Batman is eagerly awaiting their arrival.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:33 PM   #555
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Are you guys going to the con in November? I hope so cause I want to get your thoughts on the painted Phoenix. Or better yet, buy me a plane ticket and I'll go with ya!
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 04:19 PM   #556
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
Are you guys going to the con in November? I hope so cause I want to get your thoughts on the painted Phoenix. Or better yet, buy me a plane ticket and I'll go with ya!
Me personally, no, I won't be there. A lot of things kind of fell into place for me to be able to attend STGCC...could be a once in a lifetime sort of thing.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 04:24 PM   #557
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

It's all good Kris. Hopefully we can get some good shots from others at the con. I might get starscream instead of magneto cause I'm not as impressed as I thought I'd be. But Phoenix I still want to hold onto. Need some see more though of both.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 03:27 AM   #558
built2shred
Phoenix

That's an awesome Batgirl statue but I really dislike the scarf and cat ears portrait... I prefer the normal one.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 11:24 AM   #559
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
I was at STGCC and saw Batgirl and Poison Ivy in person. For me, it's Poison Ivy all day, every day. She is simply one of the best female statues I have ever laid eyes on. Unlike the poster above, I find the geisha (hair up) portrait to be the sexiest, most sultry and seductive portrait I've ever seen on a statue. It's a phenomenal piece

Batgirl is very nice, too. If you want something more dynamic, she'd could be the option for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwinter92 View Post
Depends on what you like i guess, you should definitely go down to an exhibition if they have the xm pieces and make up your mind there.

All 3 that you stated are relatively safe picks and have their own pros and cons.
Phoenix has some of the best portraits to date but the bird might be coming in at a weird angle.

Batgirl has an awesome mechanized outfit but her base really steals away alot of attention and you are paying a premium for the elaborate base.

Poison ivy has nothing major to nitpick about but i dont like the geisha face imo; i think the bob is a lot more natural. At that price point i would have liked to see more intricate paint application in her outfit with additional emphasis on layering the vines on her thighs or a more attractive body sculpt.
Thanks for your replies
I agree Poison Ivy is absolutely gorgeous, even maybe the most beautiful polystone lady, but I prefer the dangerous warrior heroines ...
And this Poison Ivy doesn't seem to be one of them. But yes, concerning the statue of Batgirl, where goes the main part of our money? In the character, or the base?
I still have some time to convince myself. And maybe P1 will reveal before the end of this year their Poison Ivy, and who knows, maybe she will be gorgeous too.. It would be easier for me, and XM Batgirl could win this battle easily.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 12:21 PM   #560
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
That's an awesome Batgirl statue but I really dislike the scarf and cat ears portrait... I prefer the normal one.
The scar definitely gives it that extra level of dynamic flair the way it's fluttering in the air.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote