Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-10-2020, 02:46 PM   #181
snakej32
Fantastic Four

Surprised that this turned out so poorly.
snakej32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 02:58 PM   #182
gypsycatcha
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

In the videos iv seen , it looks kinda plasticky especially around the mouth area.
gypsycatcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 08:53 PM   #183
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Need to vent after finally putting this piece of ---- back in it's box.

Why can't every collectible company use the compact, grey styrofoam like ECC? Why can't they use better packing material? Why do I have to struggle for an hour to get the head to line up properly with the piss-poor cut-out design of the styrofoam? Didn't I spend two-thousand ----ing dollars on this garbage?

I noticed some more parts on the head where paint must have been scraped off when I had tried putting the bio-masks on for the first time.

This whole experience has me disgusted. Prime 1, the supposed "best of the best". Honestly feel scammed in a way. You don't cheap out when I'm giving you two-thousand dollars. In fact, this should have been delivered to me on a silver ----ing platter for that cost.

K I'm done.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 02:39 AM   #184
Python
Omega Red

You're making me worry for the Jungle hunter which I've dropped a huge amount of money on. Prime 1 were a safe bet when I ordered that guy, lately we've seen a few stories like yours. I am sorry you had a bad experience..
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 08:08 PM   #185
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

This also bothers me with Jungle Pred I have on order as well as LOTR pieces...Hope Prime 1 fixes these latest issues as they had a great reputation which will suffer and lead to cancellations if they don't fix this.
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 08:14 PM   #186
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
You're making me worry for the Jungle hunter which I've dropped a huge amount of money on.
Prime 1 were a safe bet when I ordered that guy, lately we've seen a few stories like yours. I am sorry you had a bad experience..
Ditto - not good ma man.

The ONLY piece I've taken a risk on is the Infinity Studios Predator 2 ('cos - ya knows).

Trying to hold fire on the PRIME1 stuff until people have these in-hand. Fingers crossed for everyone that HAS ordered though!

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 04:04 AM   #187
Xenoburger

Sorry for the bitterness. That had me in a real bad mood. I just kind of have the "Get a partial refund and have it customized to your standards down the road" mindset for every piece now regardless of company.

Queen and Infinity seem to be the best at the moment, though the Thanos skin color issue and the oversized Batfleck eyeballs have me worried. I know they went back and redid them, and that is amazing, so there's hope for their future.

I think ECC is a company that hasn't had a failure yet. Can you imagine if they got the Alien/Predator licenses?
Old 08-12-2020, 04:07 AM   #188
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Sorry for the bitterness. That had me in a real bad mood. I just kind of have the "Get a partial refund and have it customized to your standards down the road" mindset for every piece now regardless of company.

Queen and Infinity seem to be the best at the moment, though the Thanos skin color issue and the oversized Batfleck eyeballs have me worried. I know they went back and redid them, and that is amazing, so there's hope for their future.

I think ECC is a company that hasn't had a failure yet. Can you imagine if they got the Alien/Predator licenses?
That would make my year if ECC got predator and Alien...Still hoping for Bram Stokers Dracula by ECC.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:12 AM   #189
Xenoburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranz View Post
That would make my year if ECC got predator and Alien...Still hoping for Bram Stokers Dracula by ECC.
That's another one. I've seen some bat form & werewolf form Dracula customs I plan on acquiring in the future.

Once I move into a new place I'd like to commission a lot of custom projects. Willing to pay lots for them as long as I have final say in the outcome. That way I can overcome the BS with these companies and get my perfect, dream collectibles.

Collecting is fun but I do want to come to a conclusion at some point and consider my collections complete.
Old 08-12-2020, 06:03 AM   #190
Ranz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
That's another one. I've seen some bat form & werewolf form Dracula customs I plan on acquiring in the future.

Once I move into a new place I'd like to commission a lot of custom projects. Willing to pay lots for them as long as I have final say in the outcome. That way I can overcome the BS with these companies and get my perfect, dream collectibles.

Collecting is fun but I do want to come to a conclusion at some point and consider my collections complete.
Yeah there is an amazing Daran Holt Bram Stokers Dracula bust that i love but it doesn't ship to Australia...Seen some other really cool pieces other collectors had made which I'd also love ...Agreed I've nearly got too many collectibles as is so it's either sell some which aren't as special too me or stop at some point or just make another room haha...If some of these companies don't lift their game with the final product it's going to make it really easy not to fork out huge amounts of cash.