Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-15-2019, 12:29 AM   #201
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Could it be since Sideshow and Prime 1 no longer appear to be in partnership that they are giving Sideshow the cold shoulder when they ask for replacement parts?
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:04 AM   #202
dao2
Cyclops

No, from I've seen people waiting a very long time in the past as well. Likely because they make the replacement parts afterwards as opposed to beforehand. They're not the first company to do so (f4f does it, PCS now does it) and tbh I prefer it. It does take longer which is a shame but the good part is that they don't run out of replacements, they make the right amount of replacements they need.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:45 PM   #203
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
No, from I've seen people waiting a very long time in the past as well. Likely because they make the replacement parts afterwards as opposed to beforehand. They're not the first company to do so (f4f does it, PCS now does it) and tbh I prefer it. It does take longer which is a shame but the good part is that they don't run out of replacements, they make the right amount of replacements they need.
Only issue with that, is the replacements have a tendency of not fitting well with your current piece. I waited over a year for mine, and I just ended up putting it in storage because it didn’t fit well with the existing piece. And unfortunately it’s not that uncommon.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 03:28 PM   #204
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Only issue with that, is the replacements have a tendency of not fitting well with your current piece. I waited over a year for mine, and I just ended up putting it in storage because it didn’t fit well with the existing piece. And unfortunately it’s not that uncommon.
Yet another reason to go with a refund and not try to force things to happen. There's always other chances.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 05:07 PM   #205
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Really for stuff like that they should do an entire replacement piece but v0v, downsides to everything :P

I prefer waiting though as many old collectors have fallen victim to receiving their statues latter and not having replacements or having their problems ignore completely because it was considered minor and not worth part of the replacement stock.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 01:28 PM   #206
Mammal
Blue Falcon

I pulled the trigger on him at the end of February (around the 22nd), direct from Prime 1. He shipped out near the beginning of March... one of the two packages got stuck in Hawaii for a week; it took reaching out to the FedEx CEO to have somebody figure out the issue and get the package moving again. But it finally arrived yesterday.

I really like it. I had no real fitting issues with mine, except with the cape... it’s super fidgety. I found where all the short rods plug in. I’m guessing the long, exposed rods are just there to lift the cape a little? In any case, the body plugged into the glider perfectly.

GI Joe and SFII were linked in the toyline, so I’ve decided to display them together. I think the Cobra emperor looks pretty neat next to the Shadaloo dictator.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C834C8F8-B66B-421D-9383-0484469D69DA.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	129225  
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 03:29 PM   #207
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Nice setup, Mammal.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 09:19 PM   #208
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
I really like it. I had no real fitting issues with mine, except with the cape... it’s super fidgety. I found where all the short rods plug in. I’m guessing the long, exposed rods are just there to lift the cape a little? In any case, the body plugged into the glider perfectly.
Congrats. I love this piece. The cape is a pain in the rear to get in those holes. You are correct about the rods. The long ones are supposed to get covered by the cape when raised It takes a ton of playing around to get right. AK Batgirl's is a pain too.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 06:10 PM   #209
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

not any of these on ebay now. This could be one of those statues that goes up alot
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 08:26 PM   #210
Cammilletti
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
not any of these on ebay now. This could be one of those statues that goes up alot
They are beautiful pieces. I paid over retail for my Storm Shadow but i'm really happy with him. Im missing Serpentor, he is still available from the Prime 1 site but shipping to Canada is crazy so its a no go. I've never seen a review on Scarlett, I think she is an underrated piece.

Actually, they are still all available on the Prime 1 site except Storm Shadow.
Cammilletti is offline   Reply With Quote