Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-05-2020, 10:59 AM   #11
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
I am so happy. No more need to collect huge 1/3s now. Finally, someone will make proper comic accurate characters in 1/4.
My issue is that this means for US buyers the pricing on these will be terrible. Probably the same or more than P1 1/3rd scale. And P1 is doing some awesome stuff in that space with DC. Now I fully understand this is an Asia license so I'm not whining but this kinda kills the excitement for me. I'm not really looking forward to the 1300 shipped Wonder Women 1/4th.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 11:07 AM   #12
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Just sucks that it will still have the giant shipping charges for the US.
Mepaphoros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 11:12 AM   #13
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Yes, we will still have to deal with S/H but at least we have more options and won't have to settle for whatever SS produces.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 11:27 AM   #14
FJC
Midnighter

Damn, I just asked why XM doesn't have a proper 1/4 DC license in another thread not that long ago. This is great news. Sideshow kicked off the line with a villain. I suggest the same for XM. It's long past time for a proper 1/4 Perez Deathstroke. Sideshow botched the character so badly it's screaming to get made. I can just imagine all the switch out pieces on the statue. Please remember his sword isn't a ninja blade. It's a very special sword and should be comic accurate. Hell, make the whole statue comic accurate. Believe me, it'll sell well if it's done right.
FJC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 11:28 AM   #15
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I'm interested in seeing what XM does with the license, but I'm pretty happy with what Prime is doing with their 1/3 DC statues. I can see picking up something from XM every now and then, but the higher shipping (and probably a little higher retail price) will probably stop me from going all in. Hopefully XM will give us some characters that Sideshow hasn't done in all the years they've had the license.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 11:29 AM   #16
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish3183 View Post
Yes, we will still have to deal with S/H but at least we have more options and won't have to settle for whatever SS produces.
Bingo! Couldn’t agree more. I’ll throw down some coin for the few characters that I want.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 11:35 AM   #17
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Bingo! Couldn’t agree more. I’ll throw down some coin for the few characters that I want.
They will definitely get my money for a well done classic Perez Deathstroke and a classic Martian Manhunter. I desperately need those two pieces in 1/4 scale.
FJC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 11:39 AM   #18
AC_808
Hercules

Well, with their pricing and the shipping ...these will be a pretty penny.

So, of course, these will need to be exceptional for me to even pull the trigger. The base doesn't need to be overly big either.

So, will see how it goes ....
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 11:42 AM   #19
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
They will definitely get my money for a well done classic Perez Deathstroke and a classic Martian Manhunter. I desperately need those two pieces in 1/4 scale.

Great choices!

XM need to start this line with a huge bang. And one way to do that is to release a DC character that is not commonly made by other companies.

With that in mind ...I was thinking they should start off with a gorgeous sculpt of Star Sapphire.

Everybody has a Hal statue, right? Then we need Star Sapphire!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 11:44 AM   #20
built2shred
Phoenix

I imagine the price will be the same as their 1/4 Marvel statues, to get them over to North America you're probably looking at $1100-$1400 shipped depending on size of statue.

Now this does put me in a quandary since I've been ordering their DC 1/6 statues. Hmmm

As for the first statue, they're going to need something that brings in big money to help pay for that license, so I do expect a more popular character, it might not be Superman or Batman but I wouldn't be surprised to see Wonder Woman, Flash, Joker, Green Lantern, Harley or Supergirl... If they do go for a secondary character maybe Stargirl given her new series seems to be fairly popular atm... Although I suspect a great action pose of Power Girl might be a big seller...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote