Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 09-22-2016, 08:51 PM   #61
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Thanks for the heads up! Just placed my order!
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:20 PM   #62
dechirico7
The Flash

Looks like a "color you own...star wars" is coming soon
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:38 PM   #63
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

do you use crayons, pencils, what?
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:18 AM   #64
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
do you use crayons, pencils, what?
I use high end colored pencils myself, usually from Caran d'Ache or Faber Castell. Thier definitely not cheap, but the various techniques you can use with higher end colored pencils make it worth the price.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:03 PM   #65
dechirico7
The Flash

I have about 4-5 sets of colored pencils that I move through.

i just got the new Zenescope book, Different Seasons. It will be my last from them. I hate the pattern pages they put into them and I feel like there is no theme to their books. The Alice one was great, but this one doesn't do anything for me. I might even return it.

I think I will return it. I still don't have vol. 3 and 4 of Bennetts books. I like those way more.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:48 PM   #66
dechirico7
The Flash

Here is what I am working on now. I can't tell you how long I have been working on it. 20 minutes here, 2 there....whenever I get anxious I will grab it and add some color. It isnt done. I have to finish a few things, mostly the background. The only pencils I used were a12-piece set of Faber-Castell Polychromos.

This is a page from one of Hanna Karlzon's books, Summer Nights. A great blend of nature, animals, portraits, antiques, insects, jewelry.... Probably one of my top books to date. GREAT paper used and is hardcover.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:23 PM   #67
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I have about 4-5 sets of colored pencils that I move through.

i just got the new Zenescope book, Different Seasons. It will be my last from them. I hate the pattern pages they put into them and I feel like there is no theme to their books. The Alice one was great, but this one doesn't do anything for me. I might even return it.

I think I will return it. I still don't have vol. 3 and 4 of Bennetts books. I like those way more.
Agreed, I found Different Seasons very dissappointing, but I have really enjoyed some of thier other books so hopefully this was just a one off and not indicative of the quality we will see with future books.

Nice to see you picked up a set of Faber-Castell Polychromos. Fantastic pencils!! Have you been trying to learn some of the various techniques you can use with those kinds of higher quality pencils? Here is a great Pinterest page that focuses on various techniques with colored pencils. Its got some really great stuff in it.

https://www.pinterest.com/explore/co...il-techniques/
Old 11-21-2016, 07:48 AM   #68
guralias
Doh!

Colouring for adults

Very nice! I'm totally addicted to colouring pages that's why i've downloaded that very useful phone app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oringforadults.
For all who love colouring pages
guralias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 11:48 PM   #69
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Agreed, I found Different Seasons very dissappointing, but I have really enjoyed some of thier other books so hopefully this was just a one off and not indicative of the quality we will see with future books.

Nice to see you picked up a set of Faber-Castell Polychromos. Fantastic pencils!! Have you been trying to learn some of the various techniques you can use with those kinds of higher quality pencils? Here is a great Pinterest page that focuses on various techniques with colored pencils. Its got some really great stuff in it.

https://www.pinterest.com/explore/co...il-techniques/
Quote:
Originally Posted by guralias View Post
Very nice! I'm totally addicted to colouring pages that's why i've downloaded that very useful phone app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oringforadults.
For all who love colouring pages
Thanks OC, I will try some of them.

I used to have a coloring phone app. They are fun, but you don't get to do many effects.
Old 12-16-2016, 11:50 PM   #70
dechirico7
The Flash

OrangeCrush;
Did you buy any of Bennet Klein's books?
I found another artist I really like...Cristina McAllister
https://www.amazon.com/Cristina-McAl...1946575&sr=8-1

I have the Lumina Chronicles and Magical Beauties. She really does great illustrations. My only criticism is the paper her books are printed on. The pages are thin, but textured. I don't really like it. Due to the texture, you have to layer your pencil or push hard, which does not work good on thin paper. She does offer digital versions of her books on her site. I think I might go that way in the future.