Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 02-28-2017, 10:39 AM   #1
Catman
Fantastic Four

ARH- a positive report

I'm relatively new to serious statue collecting. Though I've been "dabbling" in collecting for 20 years. As I build my collection, especially these days with so many options, there are an endless panoply of statue companies to choose from. I've read, in excess, about all of the major ones, both here and on other sites. ARH is obviously not widely loved on this site. I'll not comment in length as to the reasons for that, as I have no personal experience in it. I have placed no massively delayed preorders, nor been ignored as some others report.

Here is what I have experienced. I wanted a Conan for my collection, and I really liked the style of the Conan sacrifice statue ARH produced a while ago. Seeing that the regular version of the statue was available on BBTS, for under 500 (Vs the exclusive on ebay for 800-900), I went for it.

On a whim, the day I ordered it, I thought "what could it hurt" to reach out to ARH and see if they had a spare exclusive head and sword-holding-hands to turn my normal statue into an exclusive statue (simply because I like swords more than axes). I got a response from Spencer at ARH in 18 hours, it was detailed, it was polite, and it was respectful to me as a collector and as a client. He said, "yes, we have the crowned head and sword-hands here in our offices". He sent me a paypal invoice for 20 some-odd dollars, and my parts were shipped that week.

This is a small, anecdotal accounting of a small interaction, but in my mind its substantive, and demonstrates more customer care than some major statue companies provide. I personally would trust these people with my money as readily as I would any other large statue company. I would simply have the foreknowledge, based on what I've read here, to expect delays in delivery, and commit to it taking some time. From what I can piece together, this is based on the fact that they are still a small company, attempting to grow into a larger niche. Maybe their business model isn't perfect, and will take time to perfect, and that fact will cause inconveniences to customers, but at the end of the day, I received stellar customer service, and a very high quality product.
Catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:23 AM   #2
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I'm glad to hear they helped you out. In all honesty, ARH hasn't caused me too many headaches. They might in the future, but who knows? There has been something going on with Sideshows customer service recently which you can see coming to light in these forums. It's been 15 days since I sent them a case about my statues damaged portrait. I have still heard nothing. I have never been able to get them on the phone and chat yielded little success after waiting for the better part of an hour for someone to join.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:58 AM   #3
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I got the Conan Sacrifice as well and though I really didn't like the $1k price tag, I'm glad I spent the money. That's probably the crown of my collection. I tried to get the head and sword from ARH as well but I was told it wasn't available. Who knows, maybe they found a box in the corner someplace filled with heads and swords. I'll reach out to Spencer and see if they have some more.

As for ARH going above and beyond... just yesterday Spencer did a little something for me that I thought was going above and beyond. I think, and I posted this before, Arahom's main flaw is that he tried to do to much and over extends himself. Then people get mad when he doesn't get things done by the times he set out. Overall though, if you buy a statue you are going to get it, and if it comes broken, they will fix it... though you do have to stay on top of this. That's been my experience. If I have a positive experience with Medusa and sha-ryn then I will most likely pick up Eve and Arkhalla Fight.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 06:45 PM   #4
The13thWarlock

Catman... you are the man!!! Spencer just got back with me and has a Conan sword and head for me as well! Sooooo cool!!! Thanks for this post!!!

And thanks to you Spencer for digging that head up!!!
Old 03-02-2017, 07:11 PM   #5
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Catman is 100% an ARH rep. Lol
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 03:56 PM   #6
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
back on payroll i see.
I calls 'em like I sees 'em!!!

Seriously though, and I've said this before... good business is based on a good customer and a good provider. I think moving forward from the problems I had with my Arkhalla repairs (which I could have sent back again I'm sure) they have really gone above and beyond in dealing with me. So I tell it like it is.

Now don't label me one way or the other because if Medusa shows up in a million pieces in a few days, I'm not going to be a happy camper!!! Lol!!!
Old 03-03-2017, 05:17 PM   #7
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
I calls 'em like I sees 'em!!!

Seriously though, and I've said this before... good business is based on a good customer and a good provider. I think moving forward from the problems I had with my Arkhalla repairs (which I could have sent back again I'm sure) they have really gone above and beyond in dealing with me. So I tell it like it is.

Now don't label me one way or the other because if Medusa shows up in a million pieces in a few days, I'm not going to be a happy camper!!! Lol!!!
I might not be a happy camper if I dont get a label in inbox soon.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 09:34 PM   #8
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catman View Post
Don't you have a kangaroo to catch somewhere?
I bought a kangaroo from the Great One but when it got to me and I opened it up the damn thing didn't have a pouch. He told me the pouch made a seam in the kangaroo and to fix it he would need another six month to catch a new one. What the hell am I supposed to do with a kangaroo without a pouch. You suck Pheidias!!!
Old 03-06-2017, 01:21 AM   #9
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catman View Post
Don't you have a kangaroo to catch somewhere?
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 01:22 AM   #10
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
I bought a kangaroo from the Great One but when it got to me and I opened it up the damn thing didn't have a pouch. He told me the pouch made a seam in the kangaroo and to fix it he would need another six month to catch a new one. What the hell am I supposed to do with a kangaroo without a pouch. You suck Pheidias!!!
I hear you warlock..
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote