Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-12-2018, 04:38 PM   #451
supermetroid
Teen Titans

^Yes, good advice. It's rare any statue has an ES of 300 or less total nowadays, but still it's best to wait for deals than jump on something when the hype is highest. I started prioritizing my wanted statues by how much companies like to produce, so usually companies like SS and P1 will sellout much later than some high regarded XM statues in general, especially since they're MTO now.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:49 PM   #452
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ygfamily21 View Post
its fake. no one is gonna pay 5k. prolly $1500 i will believe... give it about a year this will drop to retail just like any other statues
This will never be retail again unless broken
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:07 PM   #453
AFROSAMURAI09
Doh!

Like anything else in time the market will adjust. The person who is sitting there asking $5K will ultimately come to his/her senses. Its a principal thing you know...I understand some mark up from retail but how do you justify (7X) more from what you paid for it. I will wait and maybe at some point down the line one will come up that is reasonably priced and ill buy it. $5K is just totally ridiculous and I agree with the other person who says this is harmful to this hobby!!!
AFROSAMURAI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:18 PM   #454
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

That mark up is ludicrous no doubt
Old 12-12-2018, 07:59 PM   #455
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
This hobby is shifting to collectors with fat pockets . Common collectors can’t afford it but they can that’s the money and market they want.
Don't forget living in a 5000 sq ft mansion Subby with the size of some of these current pieces.

Shifting?? It's there already and crazy. $700 - 1k+ for one statue. Dios for 3 and 4K!
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 08:40 PM   #456
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

True
Old 12-12-2018, 09:07 PM   #457
Divinesorrow
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ygfamily21 View Post
its fake. no one is gonna pay 5k. prolly $1500 i will believe... give it about a year this will drop to retail just like any other statues
Totally agree with you. I’m not arguing that this piece isn’t fantastic because it definitely is but those of you here going on and on about how it’s the rarest of rare statues and how it’s priceless are funny. It will come down just as all the others have.

The MTO system is there to help with over saturation of the market. Are there people that still want one? Definitely! I’m one of them, but I didn’t hop on @ $850 and I definitely won’t be hoping on at double that or more.

Of course there are those who are willing and will buy it for more than retail because of hype but let’s be real, it’s probably closer to a hand full of people than the hundreds that people here are making it out to be.

This statue is awesome, I missed out, guess I only have green goblin, rhino, Spider-Man 2099, Iron Spider-Man and a million other things to look forward to.
Divinesorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:48 PM   #458
AFROSAMURAI09
Doh!

Agreed!

It all will come down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinesorrow View Post
Totally agree with you. I’m not arguing that this piece isn’t fantastic because it definitely is but those of you here going on and on about how it’s the rarest of rare statues and how it’s priceless are funny. It will come down just as all the others have.

The MTO system is there to help with over saturation of the market. Are there people that still want one? Definitely! I’m one of them, but I didn’t hop on @ $850 and I definitely won’t be hoping on at double that or more.

Of course there are those who are willing and will buy it for more than retail because of hype but let’s be real, it’s probably closer to a hand full of people than the hundreds that people here are making it out to be.

This statue is awesome, I missed out, guess I only have green goblin, rhino, Spider-Man 2099, Iron Spider-Man and a million other things to look forward to.
AFROSAMURAI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 11:10 PM   #459
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Wasn’t this going for only 900sgd if paid in full?

Yea it’s probably overhyped atm because it’s so rare, wouldn’t pay more than 1k for it. Even though it’s really really nice. Just for comparison sake, Batman on horse is only 1.5k if paid in full early. How is that even remotely equivalent in value I have no idea.

I think a lot of pieces are still geared towards the average collector, with the obscene waiting times for each statue(I’m looking at you prime1) ppl have alot more leeway in budgetting.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 11:50 PM   #460
ygfamily21
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

this is nicely made statue i know. but the thing is this is not the most popular character like ironman or magneto. this wasnt doing great when xm was taking order so they only made handful. now outcome was better than expectation and because this ONE DUDE listed for 5k on ebay which i doubt if he really has one now everyone saying this is the grail and holy---- etc. give it about 6 month maximum and this will find its right price. demand wasnt high to begin with and true fan of this piece wasnt many anyways. flippers will drop the price below $1500 usd soon cause no one is gonna buy this more than that. just wait and watch.
ygfamily21 is offline   Reply With Quote