Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-07-2018, 05:04 PM   #221
grphyx1
Kingpin

Chad got around to answering some of the question posted through at least #216. I think a question about "dolemite" got overlooked. Will see what he says. Hope this sparks tons of interest and tons of questions. Love 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Morton View Post
Tweeterhead- can you guys please try to make your statues fit in an IKEA Detolf? I think a lot of statue collectors use these to display and makes it a lot easier to buy a statue if I know it will easily fit into My display setup. Cheers!
Hi, It was never our intent to make really tall pieces, but looking at what we have done so far…there are some tall maquettes. While I can’t promise we won’t be making deluxe bases if the situation calls for it, we are taking into consideration the size of our bases. I think you;ll see with our new Teen Titan line (debuting with Donna Troy and followed by Raven, Starfire and Robin) the bases will be much smaller and the pieces even more affordable without diminishing any of the quality. How much of an opening is in these Detolf cases?? How much clearance??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I am very curious about what your plans for the Legion of Super Heroes are - how many characters, what costumes, what characters, etc.

(And I like that the line is called "Super Powers" I remember when those toys were out and when there were two Jack Kirby mini series where they battled Darkseid.)
I had all of those comics too!! For the Legion…we’re still in the planning stages on them so I can’t say what era right now, but definitely classic, but just not first appearance classic. For me, there’s really no limit on how many we do as long as they are supported by the fans. I would say easily 6-8 or more. I know I have some personal favorites that aren’t A-listers that I’d like to get to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by floreairfoot View Post
Any plans for a modern 90s/2000s Catwoman? I didn't grow up on the dress/cape combo.
As a matter of fact, yes…are you talking the Catwoman in the purple Bodysuit and thigh high boots??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
what about Black Canary? Any chance for this year?
I have been TRYING like crazy to fit her in this year, but the line this year is kind of female heavy and we need to get some more A-List villains in the mix…BUT she will be made next year (if we can’t squeeze her in this year). I think it would be awesome to have her posed so she works well with Green Arrow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvo View Post
Chad, while we eagerly await for glimpses of the 2 Batman maquettes currently scheduled, can you at least tell us whose artwork they're based on?
I don’t think there’s any way NOT to be influenced by artists like Jim Lee, Jose Garcia Lopez etc. on these pieces. The art isn’t based on one specifically…I did just see a progress update on him and he is looking pretty amazing. We’ve got a base that is a real throw back…looking forward to anyone figuring out where it was inspired from. I’m honestly not holding out on you guys either. I was hoping it would be out already…but with so many Batman pieces coming out, we just have to make sure ours is stellar…and as I’ve said, he needs to work with the JL line as well as Batgirl and Robin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statue-man View Post
How tall is SUPERMAN without the base, or from the top of Supes head, to the top of the base or the bottom of his foot?
How tall is the base by it's self?
I don’t have one here to measure for you, but I think Superman is about 12.5 inches tall from top of head to foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWEN NUT View Post
Question regarding the Super Powers line: Is there any chance Tweeterhead will start to produce mini-busts of DC characters? I have a large collection of Marvel character busts from Bowen Designs but always wanted busts of my favorite DC characters. I just don't have room for all the full size statues you have coming but would love a mini-bust collection of the Titans and Legion! Thanks.
I’d love to, but honestly we tried a few before in the Masters line and they just didn’t perform. That being said…we DO have a line of busts that we are debuting at SDCC this year and I’m really excited about them. From one of the most talented sculptors in the business and a subject and period of time in the comics I LOVE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight. View Post
After I saw the awesome Orko statue, I was wondering if Tweeterhead will be collaborating with Sideshow for a Battle Cat piece?
Battle Cat would be soooooo awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eky View Post
Question to Tweeterhead:

Your ambition seem limitless regarding the number of release for the 1/6 superpowers DC line.
You are involved in the MotU 1/5 line with Sideshow.
Is the ambition the same ?
100% equal. I grew up on Super Powers, Masters and GI Joe. I’d love to make a lot of MOTU pieces.

Quote:
Hey Tweeterhead! Is there any chance you might post sketches of up coming statues that you have mentioned. This might help the fans, and increase the demand, you might also get valuable feedback, from collectors that could be helpful.
It’s kind of difficult because sometimes we just start with an idea and not a real sketch. From there, it evolves…We are considering starting a little “Focus Group” from our customer base to help direct us to the pieces they want in the Super Powers Line…more on that soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
All I ask for is a Travis Morgan as Warlord....my #1 most desired piece...then Etrigan, Deadman, Spectre, Phantom Stranger, Doc Fate, Swamp Thing,Constantine, and etc,etc...Hawkman too
I’m pretty sure you will see at least three of these in 2019

Quote:
Tweeterhead, about the Superman maquette is the cape molded to the torso, or detach like the Bowen Superman. The reason I'm asking, I viewed a video of the Sideshow Superman statue, and they showed a cloth cape replacing the heavy molded cape, and it looked really good just hanging from the shoulders.
Yes, detachable so the exclusive head fits on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Forgive me if this has been asked but what is the current situation with the partnership with SS on the MOTU line?

Are more characters in development?

How many can we hope to see this year?

Thanks
Never say never J!!! As you know, I love MOTU and the She-Ra Franchises!!
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 05:19 PM   #222
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Love a lot of those answers! Big fan of Chad's love of MOTU/Pop. But the biggest one I'm going to be waiting for is the Modern (aka Balent) Catwoman.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 05:38 PM   #223
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post

I have been TRYING like crazy to fit her in this year, but the line this year is kind of female heavy and we need to get some more A-List villains in the mix…BUT she will be made next year (if we can’t squeeze her in this year). I think it would be awesome to have her posed so she works well with Green Arrow!!
I have no issue with this as Diana and Donna are looking great. More the merrier for me. Keep up the awesome work.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 06:37 PM   #224
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Smile

I had all of those comics too!! For the Legion…we’re still in the planning stages on them so I can’t say what era right now, but definitely classic, but just not first appearance classic. For me, there’s really no limit on how many we do as long as they are supported by the fans. I would say easily 6-8 or more. I know I have some personal favorites that aren’t A-listers that I’d like to get to!

thank you for answering my question but my personal request for the Legion would be to start with Dream Girl
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 06:49 PM   #225
Pendragon3000
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Hi,
Are you considering Omega-men, Camelot 3000, Fourth World (Kirby’s inspired), Atari Force, LOEG in your maquette line?
Pendragon3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 08:16 PM   #226
Oxymoron
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Hi, any chance for a keaton batman and/or penguin/joker to go with catwoman?

Is a Marsha, Queen of Diamonds 1966 statue possible?
Oxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 09:40 PM   #227
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron View Post
Hi, any chance for a keaton batman and/or penguin/joker to go with catwoman?

Is a Marsha, Queen of Diamonds 1966 statue possible?
Not sure about Marsha but they don't have the 89 Batman license anymore
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:39 PM   #228
Oxymoron
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Not sure about Marsha but they don't have the 89 Batman license anymore
:/

Thank you!
Oxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:13 PM   #229
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

purple suit catwoman...I can dig that.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:44 AM   #230
bwestley13
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I have no issue with this as Diana and Donna are looking great. More the merrier for me. Keep up the awesome work.
I have 80 pieces, 79 are female (5 from Tweeterhead, 3 more on order) I appreciate the female form
bwestley13 is offline   Reply With Quote