Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 07-03-2017, 11:51 PM   #101
qz33
Rescue

Prime1's prototype is a stunner and still this is better.

Still say Max Factory's prototype is king but if anyone could bring the pain it's Tsume.

I 've learned never to put similar statues sides by side but these would all be amazing in a single room.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:55 PM   #102
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Custer View Post
Are there any concept pictures of the Tsume statue?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 12:26 AM   #103
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Prime1's prototype is a stunner and still this is better.

Still say Max Factory's prototype is king but if anyone could bring the pain it's Tsume.

I 've learned never to put similar statues sides by side but these would all be amazing in a single room.
I'll refrain from declaring one (Max Factory, Prime 1, F4F, Tsume) better, as I think they're all great. They're all so different, and bring something different to the table.

But I only need one Guts, so it's between Max Factory and F4F for me.

In the end, selling the Max Factory, getting my money back, and using the profit from it to pay for this (likely between $600-700) may be too sweet to ignore.
Old 07-04-2017, 02:37 AM   #104
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I'll refrain from declaring one (Max Factory, Prime 1, F4F, Tsume) better, as I think they're all great. They're all so different, and bring something different to the table.

But I only need one Guts, so it's between Max Factory and F4F for me.

In the end, selling the Max Factory, getting my money back, and using the profit from it to pay for this (likely between $600-700) may be too sweet to ignore.
Guts just begs for a dynamic action posed statue. I always take declarations of superiority as personal and highly subjective (and feel others should too for their own sanity) so I find a disclaimer superfluous.

If the Max Factory production had been on par with it's prototype I would highly recommend against it (and I doubt it would be as much of a consideration for you) but F4F does seem to be at the sweet spot of value for the money and what quality the factories are willing to produce.

The Max Factory was just so expensive and really at least $400 overpriced even factoring in $300 for shipping to the U.S. direct from Japan/China.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 06:08 AM   #105
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Guts just begs for a dynamic action posed statue. I always take declarations of superiority as personal and highly subjective (and feel others should too for their own sanity) so I find a disclaimer superfluous.

If the Max Factory production had been on par with it's prototype I would highly recommend against it (and I doubt it would be as much of a consideration for you) but F4F does seem to be at the sweet spot of value for the money and what quality the factories are willing to produce.

The Max Factory was just so expensive and really at least $400 overpriced even factoring in $300 for shipping to the U.S. direct from Japan/China.
I personally just like to be as crystal clear as I can with my statements of opinion. But I definitely understand the benefits of a more laid back approach.

I agree on the dynamism for Guts. After seeing more fb pics which revealed a decent jumping/lunging effect, contrary to my first impression of him which was that he appeared moreso to be awkwardly stumbling - I'm pretty satisfied.

I don't have much issue with the production of the Max Factory, but that price - for a 1:6 - is becoming less acceptable to me. If the production and price remained the same as now, but it was 1:4 instead, I'd be out of the Berserk market as I like the Max Factory pose so much. As it stands, I only need one Guts, and a '1:4 action' is my preference by far.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:48 AM   #106
cosmic
Mephisto

Max factory's price for 1/6 scale was a joke. But there were not so many alternatives...if any.

Now we have to choose plus a bigger scale and more characters. Good times for Berserk fans.

BTW F4F is doing Skull Knight next
cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 10:44 AM   #107
BurningRage
Inhumans

F4F is asking for action poses for Berserker Armor.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:07 AM   #108
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

The problem with Tsume is that you never know if the final product will be even close to the prototype. More, I think will be kind of bad to display both Guts and Griffith with helmets, as Tsume for sure wont offer extra heads. I did not like Prime 1 for two reasons, they managed to give an female aura to guts and I believe its very museum pose. When it comes to F4F I believe the pose is good, the work so far is good, but I will need to say the paint app and I would like that they would come with a 1/6 Guts
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 07:59 AM   #109
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
F4F definitely doesn't disappoint in terms of quality. Both the execution of their sculpts and paint applications are great. They're our favourite company for reasons beyond the simple fact that they make game related stuff
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:51 AM   #110
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Thanks, man. Not really interested in a diorama, but really curious to see how this turns out.
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote