Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-11-2018, 02:27 AM   #11
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I've ordered one piece from the P1 store and likewise it was because I was too late and it was sold out everywhere else. But I see myself going through SS for the future. At least SS is good for something!
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:14 AM   #12
craigcliff1
Zot

When your close to P1 shipping center I would buy from them, less shipping. Here U.S. I wouldn't buy with shipping rates
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:06 PM   #13
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

In the US Sideshow should be your first choice as a distributor unless for a soldout EX or EX EX (only from P1). Then pull out your dollars.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:35 PM   #14
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I ordered Batman Noel directly from P1. The plus was, that I got $280 in bonus points. Shipping wasn't that much different from Sideshow (I live in EU). Cons - 2 weeks before item was dispatched. then another week and a half of waiting because my statue was stuck for entire 7 days in China due to the fact that apparently P1 has some kind of deal with Fedex, and the economy service they use, doesn't necessarily mean that the item will arrive to the destination in 5-7 days, as it normally should while using this service.

Then i was informed that the reward points can be redeemed against 20% of your next purchase /items value. Which kind of sucks. Other than that, the statue, the packaging is stellar.
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:09 AM   #15
memphis
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

For me in Europe, for example Batman AK 1/3 shipping from Sideshow 281$ from Prime 1 117$. I ordered The Dark Knight Returns bust and shipping is 61$. I paid 150$ shipping for PF from Sideshow. Also you can have up to 10 payments plan.
memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:41 AM   #16
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

You can order from Amazon jp as well, price is in yen which translates to a 10% discount for the regular editions. Granted selection is very limited.

Can be a decent alternative for non Americans.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:02 AM   #17
craigcliff1
Zot

10 years ago I would pay big money for an Ex, now no way. I would for a Max Veritech but no other piece. So unless shipping is cheaper or you have to have EX just get from SSC.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:21 PM   #18
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
10 years ago I would pay big money for an Ex, now no way. I would for a Max Veritech but no other piece. So unless shipping is cheaper or you have to have EX just get from SSC.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:53 PM   #19
DrJ
Frackin!

On that Batman hush, the ex is available on P1’s site and on Sideshow. The statue is $100 cheaper from P1, so how much cheaper is shipping from Sideshow?

Really sucks they don’t post shipping estimates.
DrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:51 PM   #20
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by boibleu22 View Post
With the Prime 1 Hush Batman going up for pre-order soon, I wanted to open up a discussion about the pro's and con's of one or the other.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com//

vs

https://www.prime1studio.com/

I've ordered a few things through SSC and I have a bit of experience with their customer service, which had fast response times and I was overall very happy with the service I have received.

But I was hoping to get some insight into which store would be better to PO the Hush Batman from.

- I know that the P1 store has P1 Store exclusives (Deadman has special print that comes with it).

Also, I have Sideshow points, which equates to a measly 20 bucks, but it's still something.
So...i buy P1 through sideshow. I have had multiple statues needing replacements.

First was the arkham knight batman, i needed a bew head and was told by sideshow that they do nit recieve any replacement parts from P1 (sounded ridiculous), they offered me a $30 credit for the scuffed head (3%...insulting). I then contacted P1 directly and they contacted sideshow, corrected them and set up my replacement. I suspect sideshow just tried to offer me the credit because its the easier route. I hinestly think sideshow has horrible customer service.

Second incident sideshow saud no to a replacement and told me they have no better replacement oarts for an obvious QC issue. Contacted prime 1 durectly again and they set up the part through sideshow.

Prime 1's customer service is the only reason i stil order prime 1 through sideshow (thats back before the p1 site)
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote