Name:	IMG_3177.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	452.7 KB
ID:	119089  
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 02:40 PM   #12
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I'm still considering it. Bryan is very helpful and the cases look great. The quote was under $300 (with shipping) to fit a Prime 1 Arkham Deathstroke.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 02:54 PM   #13
myskye23
Hellboy

No doubt these cases are beautiful and having them showcase the 1/3 Scales would be amazing but the prices on them are just too expensive (for me). If one can afford it, then of course this would be the way to go but for those of us that can't, then building your own would be more beneficial and cost effective. For the price of 1 Moducase Display to fit one 1/3 Scale, it's easy enough to build one yourself for less than that to fit 4 large statues.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:25 PM   #14
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

I am curious, for people saying these are too expensive, how do you display your $1k+ statues? $300 for a case that lights your investment up beautifully, and protects from the elements on top of that, seems like a pretty good investment to me. How do you seasoned old 1/3 pros do it?
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:32 PM   #15
supermetroid
Teen Titans

^I currently use Bestas, but the new pieces from some companies are getting too big(P1, XM and some SS 1/4). I think those are more reasonable if you have just a few statues, but some custom made shelves that hold a lot more would probably be best for a bigger collection and be less expensive.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:38 PM   #16
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaplex View Post
I am curious, for people saying these are too expensive, how do you display your $1k+ statues? $300 for a case that lights your investment up beautifully, and protects from the elements on top of that, seems like a pretty good investment to me. How do you seasoned old 1/3 pros do it?
Garage shelving from chain hardware stores. If you want to get all fancy The Batman Statue Collector on YouTube covered his frames with painted wood. I have P1 Bayformers so the plain metal works well enough.

Here is a link to my older display. (scroll down) The rooms all torn up now as I try to figure out a better setup. http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=164845
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:42 PM   #17
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
height still doesnt seem ideal as the average 1/3 scale and even some 1/4 scale pieces is 31"-37"+
Just have Moducase customize it for you. I was having them do cases for me that were 45" in height to house all my Arkham statues as well as stuff like Superman Hush.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:45 PM   #18
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Garage shelving from chain hardware stores. If you want to get all fancy The Batman Statue Collector on YouTube covered his frames with painted wood. I have P1 Bayformers so the plain metal works well enough.
I thought about the garage shelving but it didn't look very clean to me. I would have had to do panels for the back and sides and then figure out how to do plexiglass covers for the front and then the lighting. Garage shelving definitely would have supported the weight of the statues though. One of the things I like about the moducases are they are almost sealed so they keep dust to a minimum and that's one of the requirements I'm looking for.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:50 PM   #19
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
I thought about the garage shelving but it didn't look very clean to me. I would have had to do panels for the back and sides and then figure out how to do plexiglass covers for the front and then the lighting. Garage shelving definitely would have supported the weight of the statues though. One of the things I like about the moducases are they are almost sealed so they keep dust to a minimum and that's one of the requirements I'm looking for.
Yeah, sealing them away from the dust is a HUGE win for me also.
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:54 PM   #20
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaplex View Post
I posted this in another thread a couple weeks ago. I used the original idea from The Batman Statue Collector and I expanded upon it by adding wood paneling on the back and I also added plexiglass on the sides and the front for the door. It's air tight and no dusts gets inside. I started off using 72x48x24 metal garage shelves from Home Depot. The rest was just imagination and elbow grease. Added light strips to the top of each section so they get independent lighting. Total cost for each cabinet came out to $180 (give or take a few dollars). I'm planning on putting 4 1/3 Scales from Prime 1 in each one. I'm going to build another one after the holidays.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181120_192209.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	276.2 KB
ID:	119090   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181120_192223.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	261.8 KB
ID:	119091   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181120_192323.jpg
Views:	373